No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries March

edited 1 March at 10:21AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
109 replies 3.3K views

Replies

• ponypalponypal Forumite
    397 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I have a few nail polishes I keep changing my mind about whether I want to TA or force myself to UU. I figure having a good idea of how long it takes to properly pan a nail polish is the best way to stop me buying ones that I don't totally love. But also I am sick of the sight of some of them haha!

7 by Spring update

1. Burts Bees Raspberry Lip Balm - I have made some progress, I was keeping it at work for a while. I still hate whatever the deal is with the texture, but keeping going.

2. Life is a Lemon nail polish from Prism Polish UU, loved every minute of this.

3. Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Soap UU would repurchase in the future but don't need soap at the mo.

4. Lavera Naturkosmetik Purifying Scrub with Ginkgo and Jojoba pearls UU this was good but more likely to try something else

5. Yaoh Organic Hemp moisturiser - I have hit pan, ha! this is a thick moisturiser so I really want it out by Spring...

6. Maria Nila Head and Hair heal masque - used once since my last update, don't want to use it up because it is £££ but I need to remember to use it once a week or so.

7. Elemis rehydrating ginseng toner - trying to remember to use this daily - I have started spraying it directly on my face instead of on to the reuseable cotton round as I get better coverage.

Debt Free since December 2017
    #11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £6,000.00/£6,000.00
  • getmyacttogether2016getmyacttogether2016 Forumite
    276 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    My first UU

Garnier moisture bomb eye tissue mask.  Went to sleep with these on and my under eye bags seem mucch improved.  Would try again.
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

Mar PP - UU 24 (£279.46), TA 2 (£ 13.99) IN 12 (£89.81)
    Apr PP - UU 27 (£324.94), TA 3 (£38.50) IN 53 (£216.65), GA 6 (£40.97)
    May PP - UU 0 (0.00), TA 0 (0.00), IN 0 (0.00), GA 0 (0.00)
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    sstevo19 said:

Lush Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar 

One UU from last night to report:
    The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter 90ml - WDBA and have done, I love this stuff so much, effortless takes off my SPF and leaves my skin feeling nice.
    I used up the Unicorn Horn bubble bar in my bath at weekend.  It was so lovely.  I've started using the Rainbow one which turned the water a murky brown which I'm not especially fond of.
    I do with the Cleansing Butter would last longer than it does.  Emma and I get through a tin every two weeks.  She swears that she is not applying much but I beg to differ!
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone. I'm usually on the Mission Declutter and Clean thread, with a no buying clothes and  toiletries year.  However  I need some advice. . I have used up me eye cream. Reluctant to buy more, can anyone suggest a replacement that I might use, for example a face cream or something like Nivea cream. Thanks
    Keep safe everyone.

I really rate The Inkey List Caffeine eye cream.  If you want an eye cream for brightening under the eyes this is fantastic and only £8.99 from Boots. 
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ponypal said:
    In and UU: Derma V10 Deep Moisturising Foot Pack Argan Oil
    Really like this. It's a lot of packaging for a single use product but my feet can be really bad. 
    Also In and UU: a pumpkin spice latte scented sheet mask which was from a pound shop and it was a bit rubbish, don't recommend.

I used a foot mask yesterday too.  I can't remember the brand but know you can buy it from Bodycare.  My feet were killing me yesterday as we went out for a long family walk.  20,000 steps I did.  My gluts are just about recovered now.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a TA yesterday.  As I had finished my MAC Paint Pot decided to try and use other cream shadows.  So I pulled out the MAC Paint Pot in Smoky pink that Emma had decluttered and tried that.  Very nice.  I also pulled out two Mally eyeshadow sticks and whilst swatching them managed to drop one into a sink full of water (was washing my brushes too). 

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • retiredinfranceretiredinfrance Forumite
    255 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks MaddieMay and Pinkfluffybabe. I realise that eyecream are finer that face stuff but I'm on a no spend challenge so I will just try a little bit of my moisturiser which I am using up. This is an easy challenge as I have lots of stuff and if I have to buy eye cream i hope to get some duty free the next time I'm in the UK, which may be some time , however. 
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 said:
    March PP List

Peppermint Foot Cream - b/f from February
    Cowshed Body Lotion - b/f from February
    Tresemme Perfectly Undone Condtioner - b/f from February
    Lee Stafford Grow Longer Hair Treatment 200ml b/f from February
    Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter Shower Gel
    Elemis Tranquil Touch Body Wash 300ml
    Fushi Organic Camellia Oil
    Sanctuary Spa Body Butter
    M&S Aloe After Sun
    Wonder Oil (not sure of the brand name)

My 7 by Spring list
    1. Poppy King Lip Crayon in Smiling - b/f from the last challenge
    2. Barbara Daly Trade Secrets Sheer lip melt in Adorable b/f from the last challenge
    3. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink b/f from the last challenge
    4. Miss Sporty Stick Concealer - b/f from the last challenge
    5. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
    6. Benefit rsvp cream shadow mini
    7.  Bare Minerals Eyeliner in Plum

My updated lists.  I'm using everything on the PP list except the blasted foot cream, I need that tube out of my life.

Not long to go on the 7 by Spring items now.  I have been using a No7 red lip crayon instead of the Barbara Daly one and will continue to do that until the weather changes, I have barely touched the stick concealer and think I should actually get rid of it altogether, it was DD's from a very long time ago.  I have taken the stopper out of the Collection concealer and that is messy now, I am going to stop using it under my eyes as it looks crepey and ageing, I am using the rsvp cream shadow daily and hope to finish it, there is no chance of finishing the eyeliner in my lifetime I don't think.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    A few UUs to report:

Eucerin Urea Repair Plus Hand Cream 75ml - WDBA and have done. This was a really nice hand cream, great for when I'm at work and it absorbs really quickly. Replaced with my back up tube. 

La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water 150ml - WDBA and will do soon. I love using this when I use my Hada Labo lotion. 

Maui Moisture Agave Shampoo 385ml - WDBA and probably will do in the future. I love this shampoo a lot, one of my HGs. For the time being I'm enjoying the Hibiscus shampoo + conditioner from this brand. 

Bumble and Bumble Don’t Blow It (Fine) 60ml - WDBA and have done. Love this stuff, helps keep my hair under control when I air dry it. 

And a few INs today:

Bumble and Bumble Don’t Blow It (Fine) 150ml 
    Bumble and Bumble Bond-Repairing Shampoo + Conditioner sample