Zog - Smart Meters

in Energy
11 replies 355 views
PennineAcutePennineAcute Forumite
665 Posts
Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts
✭✭
Back in 2017, I had my SM installed by SP.  I am assuming they are SMET 1 meters, as no other supplier has been able to take readings from them.

YE went bust and I have moved my gas over to Zog.  On 31 Jan, I went onto Zog's website and gave a meter reading.  Today, I have just attempted to give a meter reading of 2123 to be given this message

We already have a meter reading of 2122 for the 28th February 2021 (sometimes this can happen if you accidentally press the submit button twice). If you would like to enter a reading please try another date.

According to my spreadsheet, at midnight my reading was 2122, so it looks like Zog are now able to read my meter, and they took a reading before my usage today.  Do you think this is now the case?

Replies

• DolorDolor Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    All suppliers are required to be DCC Users. It would seem that your smart meter has been adopted and enrolled with the DCC via a firmware update. You can check whether the DCC is receiving your meter readings by going to the N3rgy.com website. Select ‘I am consumer’ and sign in using your MPAN and GUID ( the number on the bottom of your IHD). If there is data, then it can be accessed by Zog.
  • edited 28 February at 6:05PM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    24.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 February at 6:05PM
    As Zog are very prompt in answering queries .............
  • PennineAcutePennineAcute Forumite
    665 Posts
    ✭✭
    molerat said:
    As Zog are very prompt in answering queries .............

Yes, I will send them an email and ask.  I just wondered people's opinions.  I did not know about n3rgy.com and so an answer to this question has educated me.
  • kev2009kev2009 Forumite
    762 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, I'm with Zog but they were not doing smart meters yet when i enquired shortly before Christmas I believe.  Maybe they can access them but are not installing them.
    Kev
    665 Posts
    ✭✭
    Dolor said:
    All suppliers are required to be DCC Users. It would seem that your smart meter has been adopted and enrolled with the DCC via a firmware update. You can check whether the DCC is receiving your meter readings by going to the N3rgy.com website. Select ‘I am consumer’ and sign in using your MPAN and GUID ( the number on the bottom of your IHD). If there is data, then it can be accessed by Zog.

Yes, it looks like this has happened.  Managed to set up my account - it states it is retreiving my SM data, it may take some time to complete.  Thanks for the link, very informative.

• brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dolor said:

Yes, it looks like this has happened.  Managed to set up my account - it states it is retreiving my SM data, it may take some time to complete.  Thanks for the link, very informative.

It'll be interesting to see if ZOG are now using smart meter data. Before I switched recently to Zog, I exchanged emails re SMETS meters; I was told that they are not yet installing (despite the info. on the web site) and cannot use, they require manual reads.
    665 Posts
    ✭✭
    I have just received an email back from Zog.  It confirms my suspicions and they are now able to read my SMETS 1 gas meter.

Thank you for your email and details provided.

I can advise we have been able to successfully 'on-board' your SMETS 1 (1st generation) smart meter into our systems and as such, I can confirm we are able to take remote gas meter readings from your meter.

I hope this information helps.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards,

Tom

• brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have just received an email back from Zog.  It confirms my suspicions and they are now able to read my SMETS 1 gas meter.

I can advise we have been able to successfully 'on-board' your SMETS 1 (1st generation) smart meter into our systems and as such, I can confirm we are able to take remote gas meter readings from your meter.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Who is your electricity with ? Are they using the data too ?
  • edited 1 March at 5:37PM
    PennineAcutePennineAcute Forumite
    665 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 1 March at 5:37PM

Kind Regards,

Tom

Who is your electricity with ? Are they using the data too ?

My electricity is with Evolve and it does not seem that they are auto reading my meter (I gave a reading yesterday and this was accepted with no errors, unlike Zog).  My n3rgy.com is still saying it is reading my meters and, as such, there is no data showing on the downloaded spreadsheet for neither gas nor electricity.
  • DolorDolor Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    My electricity is with Evolve and it does not seem that they are auto reading my meter 
    No supplier actually reads a SMETS2 meter. The data is transmitted to a central hub - The Data Communications Centre. To access your meter readings, the supplier needs a sophisticated and secure piece of software known as an Adaptor. The Adaptor then has to link into the supplier’s billing system.