Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Newbie very first diary

in Debt Free Diaries
8 replies 421 views
GetMyNickelBackGetMyNickelBack Forumite
4 Posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Could someone talk me through how to post a debt diary? Do I just post it here or is there a special place to do it? TIA

Replies

• foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've already started one, Getmynickelback! Just type your diary posts here on the thread you've just created & that's your debtfree diary.
    Good luck!
    F
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)
  • FootyFanDanFootyFanDan Forumite
    1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    That was your first entry on your very own debt free diary :smile: Good luck
  • LittleMissDeterminedLittleMissDetermined Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on starting your very first diary! Lots of luck :) 
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive... Saving's better than spending...
    My debt free diary - Third time's the charm

CC#1 £1234.43 | CC#2 £4500 | CC#3 £0 | CC#4 £5850 (0%) | CC#5 £0 | CC#6 £4400 (0%)... TOTAL £41244 £15984.43
  • GetMyNickelBackGetMyNickelBack Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks everyone :) just worked out how to get back into this thread 😀 I’m going to declare my debts as they were in October then add what they are now. 
    October 2020
    overdraft 267.25
    student overdraft 1635.74
    bank loan. 810.27
    aqua card 952.31
    very 2846.50
    barclaycard 545.99
    vanquis 22.94
    new look 63.05
    brighthouse 369.36
    rent arrears. 400.00 (approx)
    TOTAL: 7913.41

Debts Today:
    overdraft 0 
    student overdraft 777.59
    bank loan. 495.85
    aqua 0
    very 0
    barclaycard. 470.65
    vanquis. 0
    New look. 15
    brighthouse 213.84
    capital one card. 2375.40
    TOTAL: 4348.33

Have paid 3565.08 to debts since November. The biggest change was when aqua increased my credit limit: I used this to pay off very account. I than got capital one card at 0 percent for 18 months and transfered the aqua debt to that which saved me so much. I was paying approx £70 interest a month on very and £30 interest approx to aqua. I now pay £150 a month to capital one so that debts will be cleared before interest free period ends. My bank loan and brighthouse are fixed payments and will be paid off by December.  My student overdraft is interest free (for now) but want it cleared before it converts into a graduate account. I bloody hate paying interest, it makes me so angry to think of the amount I’ve paid to interest over the years but anyway I’ve hopefully learned my lesson and can stick to this plan. Good luck everyone, can’t wait to say I’m debt free :)
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Forgot to add, my council ran a covid housing payment which helped me to clear the rent arrears :)
  • WinterWarriorWinterWarrior Forumite
    767 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Well done so far, you are already doing amazingly! 
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    So had to use £100 of the student overdraft to fix the car, the last time I had to use the aqua card so don’t feel as bad still it’s still interest free. Got flights and apartment booked abroad for June. If it’s not cancelled I’m going to need to spend £264 to renew me and sons passport. They expire in August but brexit means I need 6 months on it b4 travel 😭 also it’s taking 10 WEEKS for standard renewal so can’t risk doing it that way. PLUS probably need to pay at least £600 for pcr tests PLUS £500 still to pay to apartment. Then taxis to airport and spending money 😢. Would be easier just to cancel but I really really really want some sunshine. Arrgghh. Need to just wait and see what happens. Part of me wants to just pay anything if it means holiday but other part just wants to clear off these debts. Hopefully get answers soon!
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    76.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you won't like this but if you want to meet your targets you really cannot afford to go on a sunshine holiday.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***