Please advise - Barclays

Hi, just looking for some advice and wondered if anybody had been in the same position as me before. 

Long story short my salary is paid into another bank account which I then transfer to my Barclays account every month. This has been happening every month for the last 3 years.

This morning I tried to do the same but then was told by Barclays that these funds had been held by them as it was a suspicious transaction (despite doing the same for 36 months) and I am being told I am not allowed access to my wage until I have sent a proof of funds email to a certain email address which will be reviewed within 10 days.

I have bills that need paying and will be given late payment markers against my name as a result of this which will hinder my chances of getting a mortgage. Barclays offered me the chance to go into a branch (the time is now 2:55pm they close at 2:30).

I have no idea what to do

Comments

• There's really nothing you can do, except go into a branch with ID and proof of where the funds came from.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • RetSol
    RetSol Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Notify payees that payments may be late. 
    Are you sure that it was Barclays who contacted you and that this is not some sort of scam?

• There's really nothing you can do, except go into a branch with ID and proof of where the funds came from.
    I work 9-5 the nearest branch is 7 miles away, i cant just take the morning off work to prove i get paid by my employer, how can they expect someone to do this, i wouldnt mind if i hadnt recieved the same payment at the same time 36 months on the bounce 
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Use a couple hours or a days holiday to get it sorted.
    Do the bank open on saturdays ?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

Long story short my salary is paid into another bank account which I then transfer to my Barclays account every month. This has been happening every month for the last 3 years.

Why is the obvious question? 
  • etienneg
    etienneg Posts: 468 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So, where is your emergency fund? Surely, when you have been receiving a salary for at least 3 years you have built up such a fund that will last for rather more than 10 (working) days? I'm afraid these things happen occasionally, which is why everyone should have at least a small emergency fund.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,098 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Can you not simply use the account to which your salary is paid for your bills until Barclays is resolved. It may only need setting up some online payments.
    Never pay on an estimated bill

• Long story short my salary is paid into another bank account which I then transfer to my Barclays account every month. This has been happening every month for the last 3 years.

Rewards?

I do the same with mine, only a portion goes out to Santander 123 Lite for the cashback from DDs.

• Long story short my salary is paid into another bank account which I then transfer to my Barclays account every month. This has been happening every month for the last 3 years.

I work for the bank, they dont have 24 hour payments, barclays do, not that it matters Mi5, but thanks for your advice
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Which UK current account can you not make payments from 24 hours a day?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback