124»

Comments

• nottsphil
    Options
    nottsphil said:
    nottsphil said:
    soulsaver said:
    nottsphil said:
    Well the BOS with Vantage might be a better bet (than BOS Reward) . Interest tiered as Club Lloyds- 2 xDDs & £1k payment pm. Interest last month was £3+
    Even on £5K, BOS Vantage yields just £14 extra interest p.a. over the best comparable instant access accounts (i.e. Marcus and Nationwide both at 0.5%). As Vantage and Reward both require 2 DDs, would you not be a tenner richer in a year by shifting your £5K to 0.5% on 1st March and converting your Vantage account to a Reward? 
    Whilst I agree with your logic (similar issues debated on here a dozen times) I couldn't see any process offered now to either convert, upgrade or apply for a BoS Rewards ac.? 

PS Note I do already have a Halifax/BoS 'full house' :smile:
    On the app at least, go to your account and click More. Choose last option Change account type.
    No BOS reward option here for the three BOS vantage accounts I hold.

Only Classic, Vantage, Platinum with Vantage and Student options.
    I've just looked too,  both on the app and the browser site. It appears that this account, which I first heard about from Soulsaver on Sunday, doesn't actually exist. At least not for new applications, if it ever did exist. 
    What a blinking waste of time this thread has been 

Phantom products, misinformation and the OP not even coming back to thank people.

You've got to laugh haven't you?
    Especially as the calculation was simply 0.6% of £4000  +  1.49% of £1000, something the OP should have been able to do in primary school. 

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 February 2021 at 12:04AM
    Options
    nottsphil said:
    nottsphil said:
    soulsaver said:
    nottsphil said:
    Well the BOS with Vantage might be a better bet (than BOS Reward) . Interest tiered as Club Lloyds- 2 xDDs & £1k payment pm. Interest last month was £3+
    Even on £5K, BOS Vantage yields just £14 extra interest p.a. over the best comparable instant access accounts (i.e. Marcus and Nationwide both at 0.5%). As Vantage and Reward both require 2 DDs, would you not be a tenner richer in a year by shifting your £5K to 0.5% on 1st March and converting your Vantage account to a Reward? 
    Whilst I agree with your logic (similar issues debated on here a dozen times) I couldn't see any process offered now to either convert, upgrade or apply for a BoS Rewards ac.? 

On the app at least, go to your account and click More. Choose last option Change account type.

I've just looked too,  both on the app and the browser site. It appears that this account, which I first heard about from Soulsaver on Sunday, doesn't actually exist. At least not for new applications, if it ever did exist. 

Phantom products, misinformation and the OP not even coming back to thank people.

No phantom products mentioned here, as I think you well know. Just phantom process reported by a poster who isn't adult enough to admit s/he's wrong. Reminds me of someone banned...
  • cricidmuslibale
    Options
    nottsphil said:
    nottsphil said:
    nottsphil said:
    soulsaver said:
    nottsphil said:

Especially as the calculation was simply 0.6% of £4000  +  1.49% of £1000, something the OP should have been able to do in primary school. 

We didn't do calculations with two non-round number percentages like this until secondary school and certainly not without a calculator!  :|
  • nottsphil
    nottsphil Posts: 440 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 24 February 2021 at 4:01AM
    Options
    soulsaver said:
    nottsphil said:
    nottsphil said:
    soulsaver said:
    nottsphil said:

No phantom products mentioned here, as I think you well know. Just phantom process reported by a poster who isn't adult enough to admit s/he's wrong. Reminds me of someone banned...
    I'm very careful in choosing words on this forum and I'd advise you to do likewise.

As such, I never said it doesn't exist, only that it appears not to (on the BOS site). How could I, when WillPS had already attached a PDF of it??  Therefore, I haven't stated anything to be wrong or right about. You, on the other hand, have.... 
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 February 2021 at 4:51PM
    Options
    nottsphil said:
    Your emphasis.  
    And that was after you told us, incorrectly that you could convert to it from a BoS Vantage ac.
    And the "At least not for new applications, if it ever did exist. " we know you edited to add that after the event in an attempt to save face, as your post was quoted elsewhere without. 

You need to stop digging.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure