My rights?

Options
I am wondering if someone can tell me how i stand please. I booked a holiday in the uk to stay in a house for the end of August until beginning of september, the company have now got in contact saying they have made a mistake and the house owners are wanting to stay in their house for the whole of september, the holiday company have offered a refund or a two night reduction in the length of our break. This means our holiday will only be 5 days instead of 7, the problem is the holiday company now want to charge us for a short break which means the cost per night is increased. Having looked around we can't find a similar place that is available for our dates, so we would still like to go to this house. What are my rights as far as getting the money back for the two nights short we will be at the cost we have paid initially?

I hope I have made myself clear above, it makes sense to me  :D I look forward to any advice please!!

Comments

• Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What does the cancellation policy state?

Have you talked to the company about them giving you the 5 nights at the "weekly" rate? Can you pull your holiday forward two days to maintain the full week? Even if their T&Cs allow them to cancel this far out you'd hope for a bit of goodwill if you are still willing to entrust them with your holiday. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback