Debenham Returns.

Options

Comments

• Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Boohoo have only bought the name "Debenhams". They aren't taking on any of the liabilities of the old company.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • 68ComebackSpecial
    Options
    According to their website you will have one week after the stores reopen to return your items and you will have to go to the nearest store if your local one is already permanently closed. Details easily found on their website in their customer service FAQs.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,709 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This from Debenhams website

IN STORE

Items purchased between Thursday 19th November 2020 and Thursday 17th December 2020, can be returned until close of business on Friday 15th January 2021. Any purchases made between the 17th December 2020 and the 25th December 2020 (inclusive), the standard 28-day refund policy applies.

It looks like the OP may have missed the boat 

If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • 68ComebackSpecial
    Options

IN STORE

Items purchased between Thursday 19th November 2020 and Thursday 17th December 2020, can be returned until close of business on Friday 15th January 2021. Any purchases made between the 17th December 2020 and the 25th December 2020 (inclusive), the standard 28-day refund policy applies.

This is what I found on their site:

"My local store is closed, how do I return items bought in store?

Items bought in store can only be returned in store, any in store purchases returned to us via postal service will not be refunded.

Due to the national lockdown you will now have one week after store reopening to return any item that you have been unable to return due to temporary store closures. This date will vary as each store is likely to have a different date for reopening.

Unfortunately, some stores are now permanently closed and will not reopen, in this instance you will need to return any in store purchases to your nearest available store. Please see here for a list of stores that are permanently closed and the location of the nearest available store post lockdown. "

This appears to override the Christmas return policy.

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options

IN STORE

Items bought in store can only be returned in store, any in store purchases returned to us via postal service will not be refunded.

Due to the national lockdown you will now have one week after store reopening to return any item that you have been unable to return due to temporary store closures. This date will vary as each store is likely to have a different date for reopening.

Unfortunately, some stores are now permanently closed and will not reopen, in this instance you will need to return any in store purchases to your nearest available store. Please see here for a list of stores that are permanently closed and the location of the nearest available store post lockdown. "

And that is prior to the announcement that Boohoo are buying the Debenhams name. As mentioned any stores that will open after lockdown, whenever that is, will solely be clearing out stock. I doubt they'll be processing any returns.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,709 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

IN STORE

As both statements remain on Debenhams website, one can only suggest the OP attempts a return asap after his nearest store re-opens, providing of course the journey is viable as they may not be processing refunds
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • 68ComebackSpecial
    Options
    neilmcl said:

IN STORE

And that is prior to the announcement that Boohoo are buying the Debenhams name. As mentioned any stores that will open after lockdown, whenever that is, will solely be clearing out stock. I doubt they'll be processing any returns.
    No, that is the what is currently showing on their website - post the Boohoo announcement.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    neilmcl said:

IN STORE

No, that is the what is currently showing on their website - post the Boohoo announcement.
    That info has been up on their site since the lockdown began, before the recent announcement.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    neilmcl said:
    neilmcl said:

IN STORE

That info has been up on their site since the lockdown began, before the recent announcement.
    Like I said above, if anybody bought while the administrators were trading (like the OP's gf) then they have rights against the administrators to enforce whatever the returns policy was at the time of sale. But only a restricted timescale in which to do so.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    neilmcl said:
    Has anyone purchased anything from Debenhams online recently?

I was wondering if it was still safe to do so and they are still delivering, I don't intend to return anything just wanted to stock up on some items whilst they are on sale.
    Yes me, took 3.5 weeks to arrive though , wouldn't bother again due to being so slow
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback