Debenham Returns.

Options
Would anybody know the position for store Xmas gift purchases made at Debenhams Swansea branch in-store. My girlfriend purchased 3 shirts for me between the 10/12/20 & 16/12/20,all are too small & not to my taste. We have all the receipts. What is the position on returns now Boo Hoo have acquired the Debenhams trade but not their stores & have announced that all Debenhams stores will not re-open. Thank you.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They were in administration , very little

Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

As they are an in store purchase your girlfriend has no rights to return them under CR .
    Though the store may accept returns .

• davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 January 2021 at 2:08PM
    Options
    I don't think the Boohoo purchase is relevant (or even completed yet). Your girlfriend bought from the administrators, and will have the same rights against them under whatever their in-store returns policy was - though obviously tricky to exercise them while the stores are shut.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    Just spotted this .
    Stores will reopen once lockdown ends to complete the stock clearance – anticipated to take 4-6 weeks – and then close permanently."

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone purchased anything from Debenhams online recently?

I was wondering if it was still safe to do so and they are still delivering, I don't intend to return anything just wanted to stock up on some items whilst they are on sale.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    JJ_Egan said:
    Just spotted this .
    Stores will reopen once lockdown ends to complete the stock clearance – anticipated to take 4-6 weeks – and then close permanently."

Although this will be a stock clearance exercise so I doubt they'll be interested in the OP's plight.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's probably much easier to either go on a diet or sell them on.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,748 Forumite
    Options
    I bought some items recently.  There are instructions to return them if required.  You now have to pay postage for items received and returned.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    Would anybody know the position for store Xmas gift purchases made at Debenhams Swansea branch in-store. My girlfriend purchased 3 shirts for me between the 10/12/20 & 16/12/20,all are too small & not to my taste. We have all the receipts. What is the position on returns now Boo Hoo have acquired the Debenhams trade but not their stores & have announced that all Debenhams stores will not re-open. Thank you.

There's no automatic right to return anything you bought in store, so I don't fancy your chances - probably going to have to take the hit on this one.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

What refund and return policy was displayed in store at the time of the purchase?
    Unfortunately that's the only way you'll know if they are accepting returns for in store purchases.

My guess is that all sales were final and there are no returns.
    Maybe sell them on eBay?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure