2»

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wellnessy said:
    SteveQ said:
    Is anyone else not happy with Royal Mail Track and Trace ?
    I can never figure out why it only works on the day of delivery - I thought that it was supposed to give you a days warning, in advance of a delivery
    But - every time that I use it - it tells me "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference %%%%%%% . Please try again tomorrow."

I have the same issue with two recorded deliveries sent two years ago.  A defendant is saying he never received the legal bundle I posted to him. Yesterday when I searched I got "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference WM_______. Please try again tomorrow."  I am getting the same respons today.

Very poor service.
    2 years......... Delivered or not. The data is long gone from RMs servers
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Wellnessy said:
    SteveQ said:
    Is anyone else not happy with Royal Mail Track and Trace ?
    I can never figure out why it only works on the day of delivery - I thought that it was supposed to give you a days warning, in advance of a delivery
    But - every time that I use it - it tells me "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference %%%%%%% . Please try again tomorrow."

I have the same issue with two recorded deliveries sent two years ago.  A defendant is saying he never received the legal bundle I posted to him. Yesterday when I searched I got "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference WM_______. Please try again tomorrow."  I am getting the same respons today.

Very poor service.
    Couldn't you just have posted first class from a post office and kept a certificate of posting?

(If sending legal papers that have to be "served", wasn't the problem with recorded delivery that the addressee could always just refuse to accept them?)
  • paulie576
    Options
    Various"tracked "parcels never arrive off ebay,but the sellers pay up without issue.
    A special delivery cheque I sent a while ago never moved on from Accepted at Post Office.It even had my address on the back.
    I despair with "Royal"mail.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure