New Post Advanced Search

Lack of empathy

2 replies 108 views
MikenicMikenic Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I’m a crohns sufferer and live alone due to my condition I have high water usage. For two years I’ve asked for help as I’ve no income. All requests have fallen on deaf ears. A few months back they put a cap on witch was higher than my usage. I managed to get them to send this out on paper. Last week received bill with different numbers on different balance different cap. Now they are saying letter was a typo and I need to pay balance. I’ve complained for over two years and it’s like banging my head against brick wall. I’ve emailed CEO but don’t expect a reply. What can I do next??

Replies

• CardewCardew Forumite
    28.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
    If you have a complaint against a water company I suggest you contact the Consumer Council for Water http://www.ccwater.org.uk/
    You will need to be specific in your complaint, with all correspondence to hand.

• _shel_shel Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mikenic said:
    I’m a crohns sufferer and live alone due to my condition I have high water usage. For two years I’ve asked for help as I’ve no income. All requests have fallen on deaf ears. A few months back they put a cap on witch was higher than my usage. I managed to get them to send this out on paper. Last week received bill with different numbers on different balance different cap. Now they are saying letter was a typo and I need to pay balance. I’ve complained for over two years and it’s like banging my head against brick wall. I’ve emailed CEO but don’t expect a reply. What can I do next??
     You need to apply for something like this https://www.unitedutilities.com/watersure 
    Don't Buy The S*n