Asda online delivery

Laura27181
Laura27181 Posts: 11 Forumite
Photogenic First Post
edited 21 January 2021 at 4:49PM in Consumer rights
I’m 24 weeks pregnant and I’m currently sheilding so I rely on online shop for everything. I had an order on the 2 nd jan that didn’t turn up but fortunately I had someone able to go out and food shop for me. Last week I did an online order which didn’t turn up again but I fortunately had enough money to reorder ( Asda had obviously taken the money for the shopping but not yet refunded me) so my latest order was meant to arrive Monday evening and by now I was out of everything and I also have a 5 year old son. I rang up upset asking how was I to get my shopping and that they owed me 2 different refunds.
nobody was willing to help me. I’m now still without my shopping and I still have no money because of this. I live in an area away from my family because I fled domestic violence and I’m bipolar so this is really effecting my mood. I’m not sure how Asda think this is right in anyway? I’m hungry but can’t get a delivery until they refund me . You can’t treat people like this. No one is getting back to me with all my pleas for help .

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 January 2021 at 3:04PM
    It seems unusual that an order from 2 Jan didn't turn up and hasn't been refunded.  What exactly did they say apart from "we're not willing to help you"?  What does the status of the orders show as?

You'll also be better off asking this to be moved to a more appropriate board, such as consumer rights, rather than credit files.
  • I wouldn’t know how to move it. It say it’s been delivered for both shops . 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    That's why Asda think it's right then. Check what address you gave them and whether they may have been misdelivered locally.
  • I have done and I’ve emailed and rang 
  • gettingtheresometime
    gettingtheresometime Posts: 6,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 January 2021 at 5:15PM
    Did you have texts saying when the groceries would be delivered?
    What delivery address is on the confirmation email?

• I received a text confirming delivery and then I had nothing back from them. My delivery address is right I have had a couple before that turned up. I just want help 
  • Did you contact them the day the orders failed to arrive? 
  • Yes. I kept ringing upto 11pm telling them my order still wasn’t here. They kept giving me later times and reassured me it would come. My delivery was 4-6 and the last call I did I was told it would be 1209am I waited up all night too .
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Did you contact them immediately the order wasn't delivered?
    They would have been able to ask the driver where he delivered it to
    Is your address similar to another one such as  drive, crescent, road etc.?
    Is your house clearly visible as that address? it is not on a corner so could be mistaken.
    Many new staff have been taken on for supermarket deliveries so it could be new driver who is getting the address confused with another one.

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    How did you pay? 

ASDA get so many complaints about their no shows and effort to get a refund. Could you try another delivery company? 
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback