Halifax free movie

A nice gesture from Halifax :)

If you aren't a Rakuten account holder, and don't want to be on their Marketing list, it might be worth creating a throw-away email account for signing up to Rakuten.

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lloyds have sent me a few movie too, for being a Club Account customer.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Had the same from Lloyds (on two accounts), a little bizarre though as both are Club Lloyds and both get Rakuten codes as the regular perk.   

You have to wonder whether there's joined-up thinking at Lloyds! 

But not grumbling, it's an extra couple of movies...
  • Just got the Lloyds email also. Just a little tip for the discerning movie viewers out there try the 'indie' genres tab at the bottom of the main Rakuten TV page. They don't have great selection of new movies but there catalogue of good older movies is worth a look.

Cheers
  • I've had the Halifax email but nothing from Lloyds.
    It would be nice to get a code for each of my Halifax accounts but that's a bit greedy 
    I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
  • Had this from Lloyds bu not Halifax. When  similar offer was done last year the option of films seemed to be very poor, but can't complain if it's free I suppose.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Had this from Halifax but not from Lloyds (apart from the regular monthly Club Lloyds ones). I struggle to find anything on Rakuten, just too much rubbish to dig through, so the codes sometimes go unused. My wife accidentally selected physical cinema tickets as her Lloyds benefit this year despite last year's going to waste. I wouldn't pay for movies anyway so would prefer a cash benefit.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 20 January 2021 at 6:37PM
    Alexland said:
    Had this from Halifax but not from Lloyds (apart from the regular monthly Club Lloyds ones). I struggle to find anything on Rakuten, just too much rubbish to dig through, so the codes sometimes go unused. My wife accidentally selected physical cinema tickets as her Lloyds benefit this year despite last year's going to waste. I wouldn't pay for movies anyway so would prefer a cash benefit.
    With you there Alex.  Used to be able to use my monthly Times Subscriber Rakuten superpoints (although they seemed to have stopped recently) and some other freebie ones that came along occasionally and find something worthwhile to watch, but over the last year the number of watchable films on Rakuten has plummetted (unless seemingly you like horror or teen flicks),  sadly coinciding with opting for the Rakuten codes for our Lloyds Club accounts so they are mainly just going to waste due to their 35 day validity (unlike Superpoints)   And now Halifax have kindly given us 2 more  :D

Also got some Odeon vouchers on one of the Lloyds accounts but god knows when or if they'll be able to be used before they expire.  .         
  • Alexland said:
    Lloyds extended one set of ours from last year so we currently have 18 active cinema tickets with three different chains.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lloyds extended one set of ours from last year so we currently have 18 active cinema tickets with three different chains.
    I had a bad experience using the cinema vouchers a couple of years ago when my eldest got a bit worried during the lego movie 2 (the sad bit where Emmet gets stuck under the washing machine) so wanted to sit on my lap then did a big warm wee. I explained to the staff that it was probably ok because most of the wee had soaked into me and then followed a shameful walk through a town centre (with a wet patch in the middle of our trousers) before moist sticky drive home. Thanks club lloyds.

• dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Did it come in an email or via the online system? Reward account holder and not had anything sent through yet...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback