🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Problem with new Alcatel 3L smart phone...probably a simple answer if we only knew

Options
My husband has first smart phone, and has tried setting up email and calendar using both Outlook and gmail.  Initially it works, but all the emails in IN box keep disappearing after about 1 day, whether read or not. Totally gone, not in deleted box.

He has reset outlook and it comes back "your Inbox is empty, enjoy your day" even though I know there are emails both read and unread I can see on laptop.  Any help appreciated, thanks, as he hasn't got much hair left now.!

Comments

• Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd look at the in app email settings as they are probably set to not keep after reading or something silly. Yuo may need to tell the app to keep emails from the last week/ month etc.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • sunflowersuffolk
    Options
    he has looked at outlook app on his phone, and In Box has settings, and there is nothing about length of time to keep message.? Is there some where else he should look? Thanks
  • oldagetraveller1
    Options
    Select the question mark above the settings "cog wheel" and there is a contact support option. Try that, possibly?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure