🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Extra letters appearing when texting.

Options
I have an iphone8 but noticed this problem on my old iphone7.
When I write text messages, I now look what I have typed because I keep getting CNN and other AV and CM which constantly appear in the message I have typed. Has any others noticed this or is it just my phone? 
Denn.

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The autocorrect may have picked up wrong suggestions.

Try resetting the dictionary
    How to reset your iPhone or iPad keyboard dictionary | iMore
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another option is that the phone may be faulty - the letter combinations you are seeing are not next to each other, so it can't be that the phone is detecting your finger moving off one letter and on to the next. If resetting the dictionary doesn't work, you might see if Apple can confirm if this is a know failure mode for iPhones. I've never seen it on my iPhones - I'm on my third, but my latest phone is noticeably less sensitive than my earlier phones. I have put this down to the  screen protector. If you have a screen protector, I would also remove this to see if this changes the phone's behaviour. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • jeff_chandler
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I have reset the dictionary with a hope those extra letters (which always appear in capitol form) disappear. 
    I sent a text to our milkman this morning asking how much we owe for milk, and included in my text was CNN and V.  I'm completely baffled.  
    Kind regards 
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,623 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Have you tried typing slower? 

I'm a quick typer and have learned on Android I need to take it slowly because my keyboard can't keep up with me and I end up with all types of gibberish. 
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    KxMx said:
    Have you tried typing slower? 

I'm a quick typer and have learned on Android I need to take it slowly because my keyboard can't keep up with me and I end up with all types of gibberish. 
    Including incorrect auto-correct as well I find, it can completely change the meaning :D:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure