We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Wealthify Offer

Options

Comments

• Alistair31
    Alistair31 Posts: 951 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to jump on this thread but I never received my £4o signup offer when I applied last year. Can anyone confirm if they ever received this? I deposited the £400 and met all the criteria for the offer.
    Thanks
    6 months + up to 30days to pay. Has that time elapsed for you? 
    I’m approaching near the end of the 30 days myself, hopefully they pay up.
  • Tight_Fist
    Tight_Fist Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to jump on this thread but I never received my £4o signup offer when I applied last year. Can anyone confirm if they ever received this? I deposited the £400 and met all the criteria for the offer.
    Thanks
    6 months + up to 30days to pay. Has that time elapsed for you? 
    I’m approaching near the end of the 30 days myself, hopefully they pay up.
    15th of October I signed up so could potentially be next week, fingers crossed...
  • DireEmblem
    DireEmblem Posts: 930 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Whats your thoughts on what Wealthify is doing based on your 'risk profile'?

Personally, I don't see the need for 10% in GILTs and 6% in Property.  On that basis I think I'll exit and stick it all in HMWO once its done.
  • Alistair31
    Alistair31 Posts: 951 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I was only ever in it for the cashback so will be withdrawing.
  • underground99
    underground99 Posts: 404 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Whats your thoughts on what Wealthify is doing based on your 'risk profile'?

Personally, I don't see the need for 10% in GILTs and 6% in Property.  On that basis I think I'll exit and stick it all in HMWO once its done.
    All of their plans are a mix of assets and so even the most 'adventurous', based on the factsheet, is only going to be 80%+ (rather than 100%) in equities and property and higher risk bonds. They say it can sometimes have over 20% in bonds and cash based on market conditions.   HMWO is obviously a notch up the risk scale from that, due to being all in equities, and if you used that product your equities would be more concentrated in the US than in Wealthify's 'typical example of investments by region' that they show for the Adventurous plan.

It would probably suit a lot of people who don't want to go and spend time researching their own investment strategy, but you can find cheaper investments via DIY platforms. If the investment is not the sort of thing you're looking for, for a portion of your portfolio, you might as well sell up once you've got your free money and go and buy something that you prefer instead.

• DireEmblem
    edited 10 May 2021 at 2:00PM
    Options
    That is the plan.  To me, an adventurous portfolio should be about 95% in equity.
  • underground99
    underground99 Posts: 404 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That is the plan.  To me, an adventurous portfolio should be about 95% in equity.

You're obviously more 'adventurous' than most. 95% global equity tracker is an investment that can fall in value by 50% over the course of a year or two.

If you only go 80%-100% in the more volatile asset classes then you get an investment that some would still think pretty racy and not much safer (might have an occasional 30-40%+ drop and take a while to recover) but would be enough adventure for most people.

Not to say that a 100% equity investment isn't right for you of course, as everyone has their own attitude to (and capacity for) the falls you see on global trackers.
  • DireEmblem
    edited 10 May 2021 at 5:33PM
    Options
    Yeah well I'm looking at least a 15-20 year timeframe, potentially more, so 100% is good for me.  In 5-10 years time I might drop to 80%, then 10-15 years 60%.  If the market has dropped significantly when I am looking to rebalance, then I will consider leaving it.
  • gambleruk
    gambleruk Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just for info my £40 bonus has appeared as pending this morning as a deposit in the transactions list so presuming it will clear later this week, I opened my account last October.
  • Alfrescodave
    Alfrescodave Posts: 998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gambleruk said:
    Just for info my £40 bonus has appeared as pending this morning as a deposit in the transactions list so presuming it will clear later this week, I opened my account last October.
    Thats good to know; I'm 2 weeks behind you and was wondering if the bonus was going to happen.
    Need to look round now for where to transfer my investment on bonus day +1.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure