We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Wealthify Offer

Options

Comments

• DireEmblem
    DireEmblem Posts: 930 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You don’t use both together.

Person A signs up using the MSE offer and gets the £40 after meeting the terms.

Person A then separately recommends Person B who signs up and meets terms.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    why would person B not go for the £40, too?🤷‍♀️
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,720 Forumite
    Options
    Either you don't tell person B there is a better offer, or you refer them at a time when the better offer isn't running, or they are family in which case the 2x£25 offer is better and you just give them your £25 etc.
  • grumiofoundation
    Options
    colsten said:
    why would person B not go for the £40, too?🤷‍♀️
    If you are one 'unit' e.g. spouses you will receive more casback (but same %) using refer a friend -  total of £50 cashback in return for investing £500, wheares mse offer is £40 for £400.

• sazandy25
    Options
    So, as a newbie, with a 'spare £400' sat in a currant account, with setting up for the cashback?
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did you use Raisin? :)
  • AlwaysSomething
    Options
    What is the tax treatment of the £40? Is it interest, dividend, cap gain, or reduction in fees (which I guess would be cap gain)?
    Thanks
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    Options
    The offer either didn't attract many takers, or it was so successful that they laid it on again, as it's promoted again in the latest MSE weekly update. Wealthify are also currently running a prize draw with a single prize of £20K, existing customers are eligible to enter.
  • quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 March 2021 at 11:27AM
    Options
    Hmm, well I currently have £0 invested there, so not a new customer, but I do see the prize draw offer on my dashboard.
    Should I throw caution to the wind and fire up a mighty £1 investment plan with them so I can enter?  :)

Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • Tight_Fist
    Tight_Fist Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to jump on this thread but I never received my £4o signup offer when I applied last year. Can anyone confirm if they ever received this? I deposited the £400 and met all the criteria for the offer.
    Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport