We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flight and COVID test

Options
I had my flight booked for Thursday that was cancelled less than 48hrs. I have rebooked for Sunday and have to have another test at £120!! Can I claim this back from easyJet?

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope you aware that Easyjet has said 10th January (this Sunday) will be the last day of regular flying and are encouraging people to use those flights to return home to avoid being stranded abroad. Under the new lockdown, leisure travel is banned, and 'no' Easyjet are not responsible for the payment of test fees. Bad all round really...
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    There does seem a raft of inexperienced posters asking silly questions all over the boards recently. People must be bored.
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had my flight booked for Thursday that was cancelled less than 48hrs. I have rebooked for Sunday and have to have another test at £120!! Can I claim this back from easyJet?
    In my case Virgin argued not because EU legislation which requires compensation to be paid doesnt include things like health screening. 

My case was slightly different though and so I didnt argue that aspect... it would clearly be sensible to double check what the rules are and if the list of claimable items are supposed to be the definitive list or purely illustrative in which case an argument may still exist. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 237K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback