Waiting on early discharge and new job-HELP?

Options

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bigootang wrote: »
    cheers guys,it is all so complicated.....Well,if worst case I gt an IPA it will be based on my basic and if there is not enough left over to pay an IPA then i guess one wont get done maybe then I will be discharged as normal providing my discharge is not put back a while whilst the new job is being looked into.....
    Guess will have to wait and see....would be nice if there was some way of looking at some similar scenarios from the past.....

You automatically get discharged after 12 months. The IPA has to be imposed in those 12 months not after, your discharge will not get delayed.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    been thinking though,I have 21 days to inform the OR but surely my new employer will register me with Inland Revenue so they will notify the OR or I will be flagged somehow so he will already know........?

We are talking about the HMRC here you know if they can't keep our CB information safe how likely do you think it will be they can get their act together to tell an OR about you?
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    Cheers,am just hoping that if worst case an IPA is sought as do not gt early discharge in time then I do not have enough disposable income to impose one and then I am discharged on time or early and then there is not come back of IPA.....
  • NekoZombie
    NekoZombie Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Let us know if the gamble pays off!
    BCSC Member 70:j
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    will do!Am seriously hoping it wont come to that and I do get the early discharge,after all it will be nearly 4 months since returning the forms and the OR has said that it is looking ok....
  • NekoZombie
    Options
    will do!Am seriously hoping it wont come to that and I do get the early discharge,after all it will be nearly 4 months since returning the forms and the OR has said that it is looking ok....

Not to put you off but I returned my forms beginning September - as yet no ED!
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    have you spoken to your OR and asked him what is happening to take so long?when did you go BK?
  • NekoZombie
    Options
    went BR in March - I haven't spoken to her about it. I wouldn't want to upset her...
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    same as in March.....Well fingers crossed eh...
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    Guess what,contacted the person responsible for doing the early discharges before Xmas rather that my OR to find out how it was going and was told he never received my IPO form back in October so presumed I didn't want to be discharged early!!
    I am so fed up-basically everything the OR has been telling me is a load of rubbish-my IPO form was lost internally.It has been found now and so the process starts again......
    Even worse,the OR chap e-mailed me and did not even apoligise for their mistake or the fact that in the twenty or so conversations we had had he had clearly been lying to me and did not have a clue about anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure