Waiting on early discharge and new job-HELP?

Options

Comments

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you checked the insolvency website?

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/IIRNameSearchMapIE.asp

sometimes IF you have been lucky enough to get ED its always here before the office informs you in writing
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    Ok....thanks again for your help....am just getting more and more stressed it will all go wrong for me....
  • philnicandamy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Easier said than done...but....breath......relax......it'll be fine, IF you fall into an IPA its only imposed IF you have an excess of £100 a month or so, as tigerfeet suggested because your working your SOA will change, travel expenses etc etc the OR will allow this...you might be suprised in the end

Phil
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    I have checked the insolvency site and it says 19th March still so 1 year....I know my SOA will change and I could be lucky,but if it is for upto 3 years what if an SOA is done and I am all clear but then I get commission would I then have to pay....?
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you checked the insolvency website?

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/IIRNameSearchMapIE.asp

sometimes IF you have been lucky enough to get ED its always here before the office informs you in writing

I would do as Phil suggested and check the insolvancy website as they do sometimes forget to write to tell you.

EDIT: You replied wgile i was typing
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    Cheers, I have checked and still BK with a date march 2008,funny thing do they only hold records for a year on this site as I cannot find a mate that was discharged in August this year.....
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bigootang wrote: »
    I have checked the insolvency site and it says 19th March still so 1 year....I know my SOA will change and I could be lucky,but if it is for upto 3 years what if an SOA is done and I am all clear but then I get commission would I then have to pay....?

If you get any commission before you are discharged just tell the OR and he will apply an IPA on that.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • philnicandamy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bigootang wrote: »
    Cheers, I have checked and still BK with a date march 2008,funny thing do they only hold records for a year on this site as I cannot find a mate that was discharged in August this year.....

I did read somewhere that once discharged your only shown on the insolvency site for 3mnths after then its taken down
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    cheers guys,it is all so complicated.....Well,if worst case I gt an IPA it will be based on my basic and if there is not enough left over to pay an IPA then i guess one wont get done maybe then I will be discharged as normal providing my discharge is not put back a while whilst the new job is being looked into.....
    Guess will have to wait and see....would be nice if there was some way of looking at some similar scenarios from the past.....
  • Bigootang_2
    Options
    been thinking though,I have 21 days to inform the OR but surely my new employer will register me with Inland Revenue so they will notify the OR or I will be flagged somehow so he will already know........?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure