Monday January 11th.. ROLL
    Tuesday January 12th...PENS
    Wednesday January 13th.MINK
    Thursday January 14th.RAMP
    Friday January 15th...ODDS
    Saturday January 16th..NOUN
    Sunday January 17th .L34F
    Monday January 18th .SOYA

The bonus code for the January 2022 Sun Holidays is ZERO.
  • bitm2007
    bitm2007 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    essex_boy said:
    No idea what it’s all about 
    The prices now include Service Charge and Peak date price 
    The leaflet through the post doesn’t give any information on the new structure 
    I will be making a thread for the new promotion but feel I need all relevant information to give people beforehand 
    Makes sense, until then we are just guessing. 
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The information regarding the new pricing is a little fuzzy but I understand it as follows:
    • A park will either be a 'band A' or 'band B' and the pricing will vary slightly according to whichever band the park is in.
    • Everything is included except the optional entertainment passes, so no separate service charge or supplements.
    • Pricing varies significantly by date.

I think this gives a number of advantages, particularly clarity around total cost, avoids any confusion of how much X holiday will cost on Y date, makes it very clear what will need to be paid.  Also avoids people losing their holidays completely by not realising service charges had to be paid upfront.

Potential negatives: The upfront cost is likely to increase, I think everything will need to be paid at the point of booking rather than the £9.50 upfront.  It looks like there will be far less "pay only £9.50" holidays available and they are keeping a few token ones available so they can still advertise as "from £9.50".  The cynic in me also suspects that a lot of the holidays will increase in price compared to how they would have been with the separate service charges.  I think this will be particularly so for larger parties with more than 4 people where the service charge used to be per unit but now the total cost is per person.

Also just to note that all Bourne Leisure brands (including Haven and Butlins) are no longer taking part in the promotions.
  • bitm2007
    Options
    bazzyb said:
    The information regarding the new pricing is a little fuzzy but I understand it as follows:
    • A park will either be a 'band A' or 'band B' and the pricing will vary slightly according to whichever band the park is in.
    • Everything is included except the optional entertainment passes, so no separate service charge or supplements.

I think this gives a number of advantages, particularly clarity around total cost, avoids any confusion of how much X holiday will cost on Y date, makes it very clear what will need to be paid.  Also avoids people losing their holidays completely by not realising service charges had to be paid upfront.

Potential negatives: The upfront cost is likely to increase, I think everything will need to be paid at the point of booking rather than the £9.50 upfront.  It looks like there will be far less "pay only £9.50" holidays available and they are keeping a few token ones available so they can still advertise as "from £9.50".  The cynic in me also suspects that a lot of the holidays will increase in price compared to how they would have been with the separate service charges.  I think this will be particularly so for larger parties with more than 4 people where the service charge used to be per unit but now the total cost is per person.

Also just to note that all Bourne Leisure brands (including Haven and Butlins) are no longer taking part in the promotions.
    All depends what's classified as Band A , and B.  For those of us that book out of season (and don't use the entertainment complex) there could be a lot more true £9.50 holidays available now service charges are included.  At first glance the prices appear to have rocketed up in the summer, but I have never booked a £15 holiday then so I'm not sure how much they were working out at with peak supplements and service charges applied.
  • bitm2007
    Options
    It looks like Havens not included again, but they have some excellent deals at the moment for those how don't require school holiday dates.  I've already booked a week at Seton Sands, and am looking at Presthaven Sands for just £49 for 4 nights on the 2nd of May, plenty of other site are available at that price in both March and May.  

https://www.haven.com/search-results/holidays/earlyspringbreaks2022?utm_source=breakfree&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=BF
  • itsmeagain
    itsmeagain Posts: 460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 January 2022 at 2:47PM
    Options
    bazzyb said:

The individual park and date has affected the price for many years - nothing changed there.

The service charge caused huge issues with Covid cancellations, as refunds were required from 2 sources (GFM & the holiday company). If the money had already been claimed and paid to the holiday company, they had to pay a refund to the customer of a greater value than they had received from GFM, because GFM kept their commission. The separate service charges have always been an anomaly in law, as it's illegal to sell on some services, hence direct bookings for camping are sold as a serviced, or un-serviced pitch, rather than additional charge for service for what is mandatory.

There were also some issues, where people didn't pay the service charge when told to, because they thought they may not be going on their covid/lockdown holiday. This was a big mistake. It meant that they had effectively cancelled themselves rather than the site cancelling. They should have paid the service charge and then claimed the whole price back. Including this charge within the booking removes & simplifies all the above contentious point in law.

Cost clarity has always been there (unless you can't add up). It states the charges BEFORE you book, PLUS you get an email confirmation from the holiday park and it's clear what you have to pay by when and what's optional. It's just discipline! Whilst I accept that some people may struggle to find the service £30-£40 at the point of booking, most people will have the cash flow to not worry about paying it a few weeks/months earlier.

No good for us, but It makes complete business sense for them to put up the prices, and for companies to withdraw from the campaign. Parks have been oversubscribed, so it makes no sense for them to discount, lose commission and complicate things with 3rd parties.

The new prices will range from £9.50pp (Band A low price park on a low price week) to £59.50pp (for a Band B high priced park on a peak week). You still have to pay for a min of 4 people and the 'passes' & 'linen' will still be 'optional'. I have never paid for optional linen, and half the time i've been given it for free anyway.

Prices had been going up for years before this new payment structure  & covid. I used to get £15 hols in the week before the school summer hols. These increased to £17.50, £20 and finally £25 over 3 years before covid. The price was still a bargain @ £25 x 4 + £30 service = £130 for a weekend that cost £400 direct. The £9.50 hols were generally not nearly as good value, as you could often book direct for £49-£69 -10% discount codes anyway.

Bourne Leisure had already stopped taking part in last years promotion - nothing new there.
  • bitm2007
    edited 7 January 2022 at 2:05PM
    Options
    The Club £9.50 website has had a major facelift for the new promotion but there is still no clarification for the Band A, and B pricing hopefully that will be in the newspaper tomorrow.

Still no Haven sites included like last year as expected, but plenty of my favourite independent sites aren't included this year as well (Lakeside (Burnham-On-Sea), Newland (Charmouth), Beverley Holiday Park (Paignton) etc), along with some Parkdean and Park Holiday UK sites that I have stayed at in the past or was planning to book (Parkdean Warmwell, Park UK Holiday Solent Breezes, Park UK Waterside (Paignton), Park UK Suffolk Sands, which is disappointing, but understandable given the increased demand for staycations since the start of the pandemic. I had a £60 (plus £32 service charge) Sun holiday at Lakeside cancelled due the pandemic in 2020, the cheapest price for that week direct  now is £296 for a 4 night stay.

Fingers crossed  these sites return in future promotions as there are now no viable options for me in the Paignton, Weymouth, Llŷn Peninsula, Blackpool & Burnham-on-sea areas (Pontins and Resort Unity aren't even worth considering) etc now, and of the 51 Sun Holiday sites that I have stayed at in the past, only 26 are still in the promotion but that's not all down to the pandemic as the Hoburne sites, Ladram Bay, Bude Holiday Resort, and Swanage Coastal Park had left prior to that.

On the plus side the service charge is now included in the price of the holidays, and there are a few UK sites included now that I can't remember being in the promotion prior to the pandemic (Trevella, Hedley Wood,  Woodlands Hall, Sand le Mere).

Happy holiday hunting.

• gethro
    gethro Posts: 935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bitm2007 said:
    The Club £9.50 website has had a major facelift for the new promotion but there is still no clarification for the Band A, and B pricing hopefully that will be in the newspaper tomorrow.

Still no Haven sites included like last year as expected, but plenty of my favourite independent sites aren't included this year as well (Lakeside (Burnham-On-Sea), Newland (Charmouth), Beverley Holiday Park (Paignton) etc), along with some Parkdean and Park Holiday UK sites that I have stayed at in the past or was planning to book (Parkdean Warmwell, Park UK Holiday Solent Breezes, Park UK Waterside (Paignton), Park UK Suffolk Sands, which is disappointing, but understandable given the increased demand for staycations since the start of the pandemic. I had a £60 (plus £32 service charge) Sun holiday at Lakeside cancelled due the pandemic in 2020, the cheapest price for that week direct  now is £296 for a 4 night stay.

Fingers crossed  these sites return in future promotions as there are now no viable options for me in the Paignton, Weymouth, Llŷn Peninsula, Blackpool & Burnham-on-sea areas (Pontins and Resort Unity aren't even worth considering) etc now, and of the 51 Sun Holiday sites that I have stayed at in the past, only 26 are still in the promotion but that's not all down to the pandemic as the Hoburne sites, Ladram Bay, Bude Holiday Resort, and Swanage Coastal Park had left prior to that.

On the plus side the service charge is now included in the price of the holidays, and there are a few UK sites included now that I can't remember being in the promotion prior to the pandemic (Trevella, Hedley Wood,  Woodlands Hall, Sand le Mere).

Happy holiday hunting.

Found this on another site 

Holiday Dates

£9.50 (Band A) / £19.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

4 Night Breaks (Monday - Friday)

February 21, 28

March 7, 14, 21, 28

April 25

May 9, 16, 23

September 5, 12, 19, 26

October 3, 10, 17, 31

November 7, 14, 21, 28

3 Night Breaks (Friday - Monday)

February 25

November 4, 11, 18, 25

£19.50 (Band A) / £29.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

February 14

April 4

June 6, 13, 20, 27

February 18

March 4, 11, 18, 25

April 1, 22

May 6, 13

September 9, 16, 23, 30

October 7, 14

£29.50 (Band A) / £39.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

April 11

July 4

April 8, 29

May 20

June 10, 17, 24

September 2

October 21, 28

£39.50 (Band A) / £49.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

April 18

May 2

July 11, 18

August 29

October 24

April 15

May 27

June 3

July 1, 8, 15, 22

£49.50 (Band A) / £59.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

May 30

August 22

August 19, 26

• bitm2007
    edited 7 January 2022 at 6:31PM
    Options
    Found this on another site 

Holiday Dates

£9.50 (Band A) / £19.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

February 21, 28

March 7, 14, 21, 28

April 25

May 9, 16, 23

September 5, 12, 19, 26

October 3, 10, 17, 31

November 7, 14, 21, 28

February 25

November 4, 11, 18, 25

£19.50 (Band A) / £29.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

February 14

April 4

June 6, 13, 20, 27

February 18

March 4, 11, 18, 25

April 1, 22

May 6, 13

September 9, 16, 23, 30

October 7, 14

£29.50 (Band A) / £39.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

April 11

July 4

April 8, 29

May 20

June 10, 17, 24

September 2

October 21, 28

£39.50 (Band A) / £49.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

April 18

May 2

July 11, 18

August 29

October 24

April 15

May 27

June 3

July 1, 8, 15, 22

£49.50 (Band A) / £59.50 (Band B) 2022 Dates

May 30

August 22

August 19, 26

Yes that's a straight copy of the new pricing structure on the club £9,50 website.

https://club950.co.uk/how-it-work

The clarification I'm hoping for in the newspaper tomorrow is what Band A, and B is referring to.  The more popular sites will  presumably be Band B, with rest the cheaper Band A.  Other possibilities include Band A being lower grade accommodation like chalets (or bog standard accommodation as one park receptionist once told me), B Caravans, or Band A being those with greater amounts of availability, that then become band B as that fill.

• essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yep, that’s why I haven’t made the new thread yet 
    Very annoying, but hopefully tomorrow’s pullout will have the information we need 
    If not, I’ll make thread anyway and we’ll find out the holiday cost when booking opens 
    Not ideal but nothing would surprise me these days 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure