We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Recommendations for a decent compact Android phone

Options
Ash_Pole
Ash_Pole Posts: 310 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Phones seem to be getting bigger and bigger but I want a smaller one. iPhones are a good size still but I'm too used to Android.
My Xiaomi A2 Lite is coming to the end of its life. I don't want anything bigger than this at 6 inches (15cm). Nothing fancy other than a decent camera. Max of £300-£350.
Any recommendations?

Comments

• will-he-payitoff
    Options
    Ash, as the A2 is a google one phone a Pixel 4A would prob be the best choice.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a Google Pixel 4a.  5.8" screen. Fast, OLED screen and good camera. I picked it up for £319 on black friday.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Options
    roonaldo said:
    I have a Google Pixel 4a.  5.8" screen. Fast, OLED screen and good camera. I picked it up for £319 on black friday.

I would recomend the 4a (non 5g version, the 5g one is much bigger) too.

5.8" sounds big however since they moved from 16:9 to 18(or more):9 then actual screen size has become smaller (and with the black bars watching 16:9 ither side that some people like to moan about), so if it worries you go check out the size online and fold/cut some paper/card to it to see.

(I would aslo recomend google's pixel phone above and other device, they may have issues but they have much better software).

• Ash_Pole
    Ash_Pole Posts: 310 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone I've ordered a Pixel a4 looking forward to it!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another vote for the 4a. Light and compact yet decent sized screen, plenty of storage;  who needs more than two cameras?
    I was surprised that it lacks an SD card slot, but with 128GB of storage built in, it shouldn't be an issue.
    Nice that it comes without a load of unwanted pre-installed apps that have to be removed.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport