British Gas Home Care

Options
2»

Comments

• beedeecee
    beedeecee Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    BG offered to pay full refund if I used a third party plumber to do the work
  • beedeecee
    First Post
    Options
    just tried to book annual service - 21 months since the last one; can't book it online and the web chat threw me out of the system saying all agents busy!
  • beedeecee
    First Post
    Options
    now they tell me earliest date is 28th april so no service within the current annual contract period; i'm asking for compensation  but don't hold much hope for getting it
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    We pay for electrical cover within the Homecare cover and had an issue with the electrics in the kitchen. They would not come out because it was not an emergency. We had to engage an private contractor. I phoned BG and they offered £20.00. However I have gone down the complaint route for the full amount for £70.00. We will see what happens.
    Pleased to report BG upheld my complaint and refunded me the £70.00.  Also they were very quick in resolving the issues. Well done to them!
  • beedeecee
    First Post
    Options
    BG have now offered £65 refund if they can't complete the annual service within the contractual period (which ends 5th April)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback