We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Are the UKs Car Plants working

2

Comments

  • Supersonos
    Supersonos Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    AdrianC said:
    Not a red Fiesta, is it? ;)
    Unlikely, since Fiestas haven't been built in the UK since the fourth-generation (95-02) model, the last car to be built at Dagenham. We're on the seventh generation now.

    Ford don't build any vehicles at all in the UK. Halewood stopped building Fords in 2000, with the end of the Escort, and is now a JLR plant. Southampton stopped building Transits in 2013.
    Sorry Adrian, it was a tongue in cheek remark based on the OP's username.
    Blocking AdrianC should be applied on accounts by default.  It makes using this forum so much more enjoyable (trust me).
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Aw, Sonos, you love me really...
  • droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    FiestaRed said:
    Thanks for the help. I have a car on order that I'm told is "being built" and I just wondered how much of a delay there could be.
    You could ask the supplying dealer.
  • FiestaRed
    FiestaRed Posts: 111 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    FiestaRed said:
    Thanks for the help. I have a car on order that I'm told is "being built" and I just wondered how much of a delay there could be.
    You could ask the supplying dealer.
    The supplying dealer is simply a complete waste of time. After many repeated promises saying they will keep me informed, I think they have contacted me once in two months.

  • FiestaRed
    FiestaRed Posts: 111 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    AdrianC said:
    FiestaRed said:
    Thanks for the help. I have a car on order that I'm told is "being built" and I just wondered how much of a delay there could be.
    What is it?
    Vauxhall Astra Sports tourer.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    FiestaRed said:
    AdrianC said:
    FiestaRed said:
    Thanks for the help. I have a car on order that I'm told is "being built" and I just wondered how much of a delay there could be.
    What is it?
    Vauxhall Astra Sports tourer.
    So, yes, Ellesmere Port assembly.

    PSA don't appear to have made any recent public statements about production issues due to logistics.
  • FiestaRed
    FiestaRed Posts: 111 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Not a red Fiesta, is it? ;)
    Thankfully not. The "Fiesta Red" refers to the colour of the Fender guitars I collect.
  • Supersonos
    Supersonos Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 4 January 2021 at 1:38PM
    FiestaRed said:
    FiestaRed said:
    Thanks for the help. I have a car on order that I'm told is "being built" and I just wondered how much of a delay there could be.
    You could ask the supplying dealer.
    The supplying dealer is simply a complete waste of time. After many repeated promises saying they will keep me informed, I think they have contacted me once in two months.

    I don't see the point in dealers anymore. 

    I bought my most recent car on the manufacturer's website having done all the research online.  Dealers lie to you, ignore you, promise things they can't deliver and, worse than all of that, rarely know much about the cars they sell so can't answer many of your questions.

    They're making themselves less relevant and will one day wonder why they're out of a job.

  • FiestaRed
    FiestaRed Posts: 111 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    FiestaRed said:
    FiestaRed said:
    Thanks for the help. I have a car on order that I'm told is "being built" and I just wondered how much of a delay there could be.
    You could ask the supplying dealer.
    The supplying dealer is simply a complete waste of time. After many repeated promises saying they will keep me informed, I think they have contacted me once in two months.

    I don't see the point in dealers anymore. 

    I bought my most recent car on the manufacturer's website having done all the research online.  Dealers lie to you, ignore you, promise things they can't deliver and, worse than all of that, rarely know much about the cars they sell so can't answer many of your questions.

    They're making themselves less relevant and will one day wonder why they're out of a job.

    You have my support on that one Supersonos.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    How do you test-drive a car online?
    Without test-driving a car, how on earth do you know you want to buy it?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.