We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How much to live on

1…381382384386387…397

Comments

  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,793
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I know a couple of people who have worked for Capita… they pronounce it with an r in the first syllable 😉

    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • otb666
    otb666 Posts: 1,042
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    I cannot believe that Capita is messing about with pension and hope you charge them interest. Back when i was sorting out late FIL pension they were underhand taking his pension back after account was frozen which was fine but them made it very hard to claim for money his estate was due. They eventually sent money back only (no letter or breakdown) and although a bit short I was just relieved it was all over but refused to pay slight over payment in SP. And if they ever want to pursue that I will gladly inform them why and they should have sorted out CS pension in house and not left it to the shambles company especially after 40 years service to them.

    21k savings no debt
  • Organgrinder
    Organgrinder Posts: 1,118
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    On Facebook there is a teachers' pensions group. Only this morning another 3 people have posted that they've heard nothing and one sent their forms in at the end of February!

    The whole system is a shambles and yet it seems many MPs won't help their constituents etc.

    I officially retire in 7 days time and to date have had no communication from Capita. They seem to think it's ok to just pay people their pensions with no communication or in some cases not pay it and then say "there are backlogs".

    I'm sure the vast majority get their pensions on time. However there must be hundreds of phone calls being made all asking the same questions that could be avoided simply by emailing applicants with simple things like "thank you for your application", "your application is now being processed and you should hear from us in X days" etc.

  • Humboldt
    Humboldt Posts: 675
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    @Organgrinder can I suggest that you request a copy of their complaints procedure, and then submit a formal complaint. All formal complaints must be logged for internal/external audits. If people do nothing, then there is no issue. If you do not receive a satisfactory outcome, contact your local MP, regardless of the lack of response others have had when doing this. Again, if you do not receive a satisfactory response from your MP, request a copy of their complaints procedure, and submit a formal complaint. Time and effort on your part, but collective complaints appear to be the only way to raise awareness of the company's failings.

  • Pat38493
    Pat38493 Posts: 3,608
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    You can also ask for a copy of their IDRP (Internal dispute resolution procedure) as following this process is the first step towards an ombudsman complaint, and they don't tend to like all the admin that this will trigger - when I was trying to put my DB pension into payment and there was a long delay, just asking them for the IDRP resulted in swift resolution.

  • otb666
    otb666 Posts: 1,042
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 24 August at 7:47PM

    I remember I asked for a SAR request for FIL which they eventually got round to sending an email saying they are compiling it but we had got late FIL money back by then so replied dont need it now. MP did nothing and I think they have some sort of loan scheme available after it was raised in parliament. Perhaps do a search on it on here. I really do feel for you @Organgrinder after working so hard and long for public organisation it is just so rude to treat you like this especially as they were meant to be looking after YOUR money for you. I THINK THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WOULD DO WELL TO REMEMBER THIS.

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/82065646#Comment_82065646?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=capita+pension+delay

    21k savings no debt
  • Organgrinder
    Organgrinder Posts: 1,118
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Thank you @Humboldt @otb666 @Pat38493

    I have already raised a complaint. I'm on holiday at the moment so will do the IDRP thing when I get back later in the week. I raised my complaint last Monday and 6 working days later it hasn't progressed one bit!

    One thing reverberates time and time again over on the Facebook group. We love our job. We get bashed for it with talk of holidays and gold plated pensions. (Yet it's a job many won't do!). The thing so many mention is that as much as they love teaching, they can't do another year. And then they have the stress of finding Capita haven't managed to sort out their pension.

  • Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 3,048
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 25 August at 6:03AM

    C*pita are reliably appalling on every contract, in every situation. They should have to pay compensation to everyone they've maltreated.

  • Organgrinder
    Organgrinder Posts: 1,118
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Sadly pretty unlikely.

    I contacted them again today. No further on. Here is their 8 day response tracker.

    1000020189.png
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.