We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Giving Up/Cutting Down Alcohol Thread Part 17

1…441442444446447…778

Comments

  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,391
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    RobM99 said:
    Go, Polly - you can do it!  Bees - keep on doing what you aren't (or similar)!

    28/30 and it's cuddly penguin chicks day (not a common expression) and 299 in a row. Ooh. 300 tomorrow to state the obvious. Gold Star Day Monday, that's a first.

    I tried some Aldi alc' free pilsner. Not great but OK, better than Heineken 0.0 which tastes like fizzy water that someone's waved a can of beer at. Pointless. I have some Sainte Ettienne (also from Aldi) to try later. I notice that alc'free gin is £20 a bottle.  Just...why bother?

    I don't understand the whole alc'free gin either.  I'm not saying I'm doing this to save money, but it is an helpful bonus if that makes sense.

    I wouldn't mind trying some of this alcohol free spirit without having to spend the £20.  Does it taste like the real thing?  If not, why not just drink fizzy water with flavourings in?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,471
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    18/14 please, I’m going for 12 in Feb. I’m off to Lanzarote on the 26th of Feb so I’ll need to get them in before I go. 
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,533
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks for adding me to the February list cathybird
  • marahouti
    marahouti Posts: 1,727
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    28 please cathybird. Thank you. 
    My February target is 25. X
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 16,965
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 28 January 2022 at 11:44PM
    January

    7 days = image 14 days = image 21 days = image 28 days = image Entire month = image
    Target reached = image Target beaten = image
    January targets
    AllNightDiner 11/11 imageimage alt80 28/TF imageimageimageimage Arkers 20/TF imageimage Barny 25 cathybird 23/21 imageimageimageimageimage CCW007 27/27 imageimageimageimage Coveredinbees 28/15 imageimageimageimageimageimage CuppaTea 14/30 imageimage Dexsmummy 18/23 imageimage [Deleted User] 27/31 imageimageimage lantanna 18/14 imageimageimageimage leftatthetrafficlights 8/10 image Lupus Lou 22/31 imageimageimage maggiem 16/15 imageimageimageimage maman 18/10 imageimageimageimage marahouti 28/25 imageimageimageimageimageimage pollyanna24 23/TF imageimageimage PriceySOS 16/20 imageimage RobM99 28/30 imageimageimageimage satchmo1 28/31 imageimageimageimage Season of Mist 23/28 imageimageimage sukeyboo 13/10 imageimageimage Watty1 19/24 imageimage WBF 14/13 imageimageimageimage Newcomers welcome! :)
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 16,965
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 28 January 2022 at 11:46PM
    image

    Yes it's a bright shiny new month just round the corner ... Any thoughts on targets?

    February targets
    AllNightDiner
    alt80 TF Arkers TF cathybird 14 CCW007 26 Coveredinbees 15 CuppaTea Dexsmummy 21 [Deleted User] 24 lantanna 12 leftatthetrafficlights 10 Lupus Lou maggiem 15 maman 10 marahouti 25 pollyanna24 PriceySOS RobM99 28 satchmo1 24 Season of Mist sukeyboo 10 Watty1 WBF Newcomers welcome! :)
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 16,965
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    hi from Melbourne! and let me know if I've missed any emojis etc :) Grey here this morning, but very warm!
  • CCW007
    CCW007 Posts: 1,141
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    @RobM99 my other half really likes the Aldi pilsner.  Just as well we all have different tastes eh? I got a mix pack of AF "shots" to try and really liked the hibiscus and rosehip gin so bought a bottle which I wouldn't have done without trying it first.  Although it's not cheap, I'll only have one or two during an evening so the bottle lasts ages.

    27/27 for me tonight.  Woohoo, made the target with a few days to spare!

    Going to be a chicken and.make my February target 26 please x
  • alt80
    alt80 Posts: 4,689
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    28 please and tf for feb thank you. 

    Hope you’re enjoying Australia @cathybird
  • going early with 28, I could go early with 31 but that would be cheating.

    Put me down for 15 in Feb
    Nothing to see here, move along.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.