IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPS PCN recieved Parked in Closed Pub Car Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
      And it looks like you're going to hand over your £100 to them to perpetuate their scam. 
    Okay thank you for taking the time to reply. I think I will just pay it and move on with my life. 
    Really not sure why you're here asking for help on a forum dedicated to fighting unfair private parking charges?
    Is it really unfair if I parked there then. Yes it seems unfair to me for stopping somewhere for ten minutes in an almost empty carpark but some people will say I should have checked before doing so. With what is going on at the moment some things don't seem as important and some of us have other things going on that can take our minds of thingsThanks for your advice though which you clearly state its my fault while at the same time say I'm being scammed and allowing the issuers to get away with it.
    Happy New Year though
    Okay thanks all. I will appeal as per the guide on the forum.
    You might even thank us in due course. 😊
    some of us have other things going on that can take our minds of things
    Tell me about it!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • HappyBunny2020
    Options
    Good evening. I missed the chance to appeal this to the PCN issuer (even if it just a formality) as the option to appeal on their website  is now not available. (I missed it by a day)  No contact email address is provided on the letter.
    The 28 days is up tomorrow so I assume they will start issuing the warning letters. Will the fact that I didn't appeal at the first instance as Registered keeper completely negate my case. 
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 19 January 2021 at 9:11PM
    Options
    No , but there is nothing stopping you from posting your keeper appeal to UKPS with a free certificate of posting from the post office , keeping a copy of the appeal with the receipt from the post office

They will reject any appeal anyway , regardless
  • HappyBunny2020
    Options
    Redx said:
    No , but there is nothing stopping you from posting your keeper appeal to UKPS with a free certificate of posting from the post office , keeping a copy of the appeal with the receipt from the post office

They will reject any appeal anyway , regardless
    Thanks  - I will do this. And then wait and ignore the letters unless from a court.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 19 January 2021 at 9:43PM
    Options
    They won't be from a Court 

There will be an LBC from the PPC or their solicitors , or a MCOL claim from the CCBC in Northampton , or both , so no court involved , yet !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback