Switching companies

Just an observation.

I do think this 'switching' to a new internet/broadband provider  to 'save money' is just a circus really. I mean there must be a better way surely?
I switched last year and had a few months of the new tariff which was great. Then lo and behold  a few about 6 months in had a letter saying the tariff will increase due to blah blah reasons.
I am paying pretty much what I did before swiching and have done for some while.
I am now at the time of year for switching again.

Is there anyone out there that has switched and the tariff has remained pretty much the same as the original deal?

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Fact don't switch  or renegotiate  and it goes to full price at the end of contract .
    Switch no renegotiate first  .
    My tariffs over the last few years have remained roughly the same / a few quid less / a few quid more all with BT .
    Current tariff ends jan 2021 , don't switch or  don't renegotiate then it will rise significantly .
  • Josquin
    Josquin Posts: 99 Forumite
    Thanks

I think what you are saying is- stay with the same people but renegotiate near the end?
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    There are some company’s that claim the price won’t rise within the minimum term, but even they bend the truth, the main part of the deal may stay the same, so in the case of broadband and phone , that may stay constant through the minimum term, but call charges, or facility’s like call minder etc can and do change.
    TBH, rather than switching at the end of each minimum, there is a lot to be said for negotiation with the existing provider, and AFAIK, doesn’t BT’s Halo deal state that the price doesn’t increase just because you reach the end of the minimum term ?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    I have paid peanuts on a month-to-month basis for the last three years, I make a grand total of £2 a month come out of my account for my line and internet (in fairness I do  pay a lump sum upfront every year for line rental).  Both of these deals didn't require speaking to anybody, they were offered on my online portal.

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Josquin said:
    Thanks

I think what you are saying is- stay with the same people but renegotiate near the end?

Nope saying shop around if you want deals then see if your current supplier will match as per MSE .
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Post Office started 03/02/2020 at £20.90 and still the same until next month.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Last year I paid £18 for broadband & anytime calls with NowTv & have had a message to say when my contract is up at the end of this month I'll be on the same deal.  :D  It's the first time any broadband company has given me the same price after the 12month term is up, usually the price is hiked up, meaning I need to find a better deal elsewhere, so very happy indeed.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • flopsy1973
    flopsy1973 Posts: 624 Forumite
    How was your service and wifi with now? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills