New TSB Debit Card Design

Options
2»

Comments

• Lightning360
    Options
    stclair said:
    JRSC01 said:

Got my new card this morning, old one had worn, so nice that the replacement had the exact same number, expiry date and code so i didn't have to remember new numbers lol! (simple request for a damaged card still in possession)
    It looks better in these pictures than the ones of their website, although I don't see why there is a notch on the side. Is there a reason for this?
    It’s to help blind and partially sighted customers.
    Didn't know that, thank you :)

Is there a reason other banks don't do this (I think NatWest might but I'm not sure)?
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 January 2021 at 4:08PM
    Options
    stclair said:
    JRSC01 said:

Got my new card this morning, old one had worn, so nice that the replacement had the exact same number, expiry date and code so i didn't have to remember new numbers lol! (simple request for a damaged card still in possession)
    It looks better in these pictures than the ones of their website, although I don't see why there is a notch on the side. Is there a reason for this?

Is there a reason other banks don't do this (I think NatWest might but I'm not sure)?
    It’s not needed on embossed cards as you can tell which way up it is as you can feel the lettering.

My RBS and Virgin Money cards are both non embossed and both have the notch in exactly the same place.
  • adamp87
    adamp87 Posts: 862 Forumite
    Options
    Got to say everything I hear about TSB is horrendous. But they are nice cards in the flesh
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,049 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    adamp87 said:
    Got to say everything I hear about TSB is horrendous. But they are nice cards in the flesh
    I've nothing bad to say about TSB.  Each to their own, my own experiences with TSB are very positive even during the IT meltdown. Great service on phone and in person.  I have many current accounts with many banks but use TSB for my day-to-day main banking needs,

• mab3000
    mab3000 Posts: 513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    stclair said:
    JRSC01 said:

I recently applied for a new Halifax credit card last week and a similar style of card to this arrived, all the information on the back of the card without the embossing. The notch on the bottom of the card and plainish but stylish design on the front. My Halifax debit card isn’t like this. Maybe this is something that all banks will roll out eventually. 
  • notveryeducated
    Options
    I've got the new TSB card design now, since I have my student account with them. The Apple Pay design of the card is very weird, but the card looks quite cool in person, in fact it's attracted quite a lot of attention in the past couple weeks as I've paid in shops with it, a lot of cashiers asking me what card it is, similarly to Monzo since their cards get quite a lot of attention. 
  • notveryeducated
    notveryeducated Posts: 157 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2021 at 7:45PM
    Options
    If anyone cares here's a pic of the Apple Pay  :)

• Lightning360
    Options

I know it's very minor but this is one of the things that annoy me about portrait card designs - they have a different landscape design in Apple and Google Pay.
  • notveryeducated
    Options
    I know it's very minor but this is one of the things that annoy me about portrait card designs - they have a different landscape design in Apple and Google Pay.
    It's weird in Apple Pay, the Visa look is too big but it's obviously not gonna stop me using it. I love the physical card though :)
  • jackjones01
    Options
    mab3000 said:
    stclair said:
    JRSC01 said:

I recently applied for a new Halifax credit card last week and a similar style of card to this arrived, all the information on the back of the card without the embossing. The notch on the bottom of the card and plainish but stylish design on the front. My Halifax debit card isn’t like this. Maybe this is something that all banks will roll out eventually. 
    The Halifax have only just changed there credit cards I’m guessing the debit cards will follow shortly. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback