Unable to fly with Ryanair today. Refund?

Options
I have a flight booked with Ryanair to Alicante tonight.  I’ve had an email from Ryan saying only Spanish and Andorran nationals are allowed to land in Spain.  Anybody know if I’m entitled to a refund?  Can’t get through to Ryanair.

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Travel insurance if it covers it. 
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you looked on RyanAir.com?

• lurkylurky
    Options
    Ryanair say as the flight isn’t cancelled we’re not entitled to a refund but Spain won’t let us in so I thought they would have to offer a refund, but seemingly this isn’t the case.

Insurance excess is more than the flight but thanks for replying.  I’d not thought of it.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    Unfortunately not, entry requirements are the traveler's problem and not that of the airline.
  • Undervalued
    Options
    Ryanair say as the flight isn’t cancelled we’re not entitled to a refund but Spain won’t let us in so I thought they would have to offer a refund, but seemingly this isn’t the case.

Insurance excess is more than the flight but thanks for replying.  I’d not thought of it.
    So it is not in any way Ryanair's fault yet you expect them to refund you?

As others have said this is what insurance is for (or choosing to save the premium and take your own risk). An excess is a variation on that for what would otherwise be a small claim.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback