Here's a simple idea for making Christmas special for another household - maybe they are self-isolating, short of cash due to lack of workor just exhausted frontline workers? If you are making a Christmas dinner then prepare another one with clear cooking instructions and tell them it will be delivered on Christmas eve ready to cook. I'm doing this for my doctor relatives as a thank you for all their risks to care for us and hard work this year.

Replies

• MalMonroeMalMonroe Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a great idea but far too technical for me, I'm afraid. At the age of 70 I've only ever cooked one Christmas meal, which was a success but my family and I have always been lucky enough to be invited elsewhere, with no strings attached. This year my daughter will be doing something for me and it will be delicious because I haven't done it myself. That's not to say I don't ever cook, I do, throughout the year - but not at Christmas time.

However, this year I'll probably put some pretty toiletry sets together for others. Then at least they can relax and rest in bubbles at some point. 
  • jackieblackjackieblack Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s rather patronising to assume that someone isolating/a frontline worker isn’t capable of cooking themselves a meal without needing instructions 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Although I’m sure you mean well.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter
    South facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs: 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 (offset) YTD £770.00
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • GDB2222GDB2222 Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of medics are really busy right now, so a ready made Christmas dinner might be very good news indeed. 
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?