When to pay?? 🤔

I've been struggling for years to get my head around credit card repayments. I know you have to pay IN FULL at the end of each month but is that calender month or payment cycle month 🤔 

Trying to improve my credit score so I've got a statement day of the 16th but the payment isn't due for 28 days after the statement date. I know the statement is the sum shown on your credit report.

Someone help me please. Thank you. 

Comments

• You pay once you get the statement and before the due date shown on the statement.

Don't worry what your credit score is.  You just want to build a good history of credit management.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    If you intend to pay in FULL each month (as is best to if you can) - then set up a direct debit to do it for you automatically - and then you won't have to worry about being a day early or a day late.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 December 2020 at 1:53PM
    Each monthly statement will show the exact date you have to pay before. The date will vary slightly from month to month. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback