Newday credit account.

Options
Evening all, 
I have an Aqua card provided by Newday which I've had for 6 months now. 
I've looked at getting a few things on Ao. Com with their credit account, but it's with Newday also. 
I've seen on their website you cannot have more than one card with them is this correct? 

Comments

• cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I have 3 Newday products - Aqua card, Amazon card and Topman card. There are some restrictions but usually to the same 'brand' - i.e you can't have 2 Aqua cards. If there's an eligibility checker - give it a try and see what it says.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • briclegg
    Options
    I have a Marbles card and an amazon credit card.Both are operated bt newday but have seperate apps,logins and are treated as 2 different providers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 December 2020 at 2:48PM
    Options
    You can't have 2+ subprime brands (Marbles, Aqua, Opus, Fluid, etc) but you can have 1 subprime and one of each branded (Amazon, Topshop, Argos, etc).

Actually not sure if this is true. :)
  • alfred64
    alfred64 Posts: 4,991 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's -You can't have a Newday card if you you've had one in the past six months.
  • cymruchris
    Options
    alfred64 said:
    It's -You can't have a Newday card if you you've had one in the past six months.
    Several of us have several Newday cards - me included.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • funkycredit
    Options
    You can do this no problem. I have 2 cards (Amazon & Debenhams) and the AO credit. 
  • alfred64
    alfred64 Posts: 4,991 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    alfred64 said:
    Yes, but obtaining more than one within a six month period?
  • cymruchris
    Options
    alfred64 said:
    alfred64 said:
    Ah you mean applied/got one - not that you'd had one at some point in the last six months. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I had an AQUA card years ago from SAV Credit and the card & statements were managed by Halifax. I defaulted on this years ago and subsequently never paid it back. I now have a Marbles card with £1600 credit and didn't realise that NewDay used to be SAV Credit. I thought they had just bought the Aqua card brand.
  • funkycredit
    Options
    alfred64 said:
    alfred64 said:
    That's no problem. If you're accepted then you're accepted. I opened a Topman & Argos within 24hrs. Primarily as I was buying large items from both. 

Only got a £1200 limit with both so never even bothered with them. Just logged in and sent message to close account which was done after a day or two. 

That's the only downside with normal NewDay products - £1200 is the starting limit. On normal cards like Amazon / Debenhams it isn't mind you. 

So at one point in time I held 6 NewDay products; 2 long term and 4 new accounts within 3 months. If their eligibility passes you, then it's likely you'll get it. 

Just check each product as it tells you the rules. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback