Network prob or Bluetooth issues.

Options
Good morning.
I have a Samsung Tab s6 lite and the Samsung live earphones..( ones that look like a bean )
So at home it works perfect...no drops outs with sound etc.
was out at Stratford London E15 the other day and the sound kept dropping out whilst having earphones in..
now I’m trying to work out if this is a network issue...( has a voxi sim in it )
or Bluetooth interference ( if there is such a thing )....because the sound would drop from one earbud and then reconnect a few secs later.

anyone help 

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Earbuds use bluetooth to communicate not your network so it's likely to be a bluetooth interference problem (or a fault). Not much you can do about it if it work in most other places..

Unfortunately bluetooth works on the 2.4ghz frequencies that wifi uses together with lots of other stuff (including remote controls alarms etc) and so being in an area that's swamped with 2.4ghz signals could well interfere with the low power from your phone/tablet
    Mobile phone networks don't use the 2,4ghz band.so it wont be anything to do with your sim
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have a similar situation with my mobile phone,when i am out and about keep turning off and on i found being in my pocket was bad, but if i held the phone outside of pocket it never happened very much so it is the Bluetooth as matelodave has said and i have tried a couple of different sets of phones and still the same results.
    if i use my Bluetooth overhead headphone they work fine.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Earbuds use bluetooth to communicate not your network so it's likely to be a bluetooth interference problem (or a fault). Not much you can do about it if it work in most other places..

Unfortunately bluetooth works on the 2.4ghz frequencies that wifi uses together with lots of other stuff (including remote controls alarms etc) and so being in an area that's swamped with 2.4ghz signals could well interfere with the low power from your phone/tablet
    Mobile phone networks don't use the 2,4ghz band.so it wont be anything to do with your sim
    This 100%
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback