EE sansung 20 new phone - phone warranty - what are my rights

Options
Hi - I upgraded my phone with EE (in the shop) to a Samsung 20 on 23rd October.  Within a week I was having some issues of it randomly restarting or switching itself off. Would happen infrequently to start with, but then got worse.  We obviously went into lockdown so I was unable to go back to the shop to discuss and it was only happening once every other day so wasn't too much of a problem.  Then is started getting worse, doing it between 4 -8 times a day.  It also switched itself off completely and the only way that I could get it back on by doing the power +volume button reset.  Today it has just died, can not get it back on at all!!!!  Have got an appt to go into the shop tomorrow but wanted to check my rights prior to seeing them.  Sadly I could not afford separate insurance, but was told it had lifetime warranty, and I have only had the phone less than 8 weeks.  Can I demand that the phone is replaced or will they insist on sending it away and doing a repair???  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks in advance :smiley:

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure