Three - Dysfunctional Complaints System

Options
Has anyone encountered problems with Three and their dysfunctional complaints system? I have had an apparently fraudulent direct debit set up on my bank account for a mobile phone contract. I have never been a Three customer and have never contacted Three at any time about setting up an account.
I was naturally very concerned about the issue and keen to have my personal and bank account details removed from Three's system. I wanted to receive a simple assurance that this had been done. During the course of November I made contact 3 times with the Three chat line. Each chat took about 30 minutes to go through the same complaint details since the initial complaint reference number didn't seem to provide the subsequent chat line operator with the necessary details! Each time I have been promised that the Security and Protection Department will call me within 72 hours however I was never called back. Every time Three refused to provide me with a contact number so that I could follow up direct with a named person. (Interestingly in the meantime I contacted my bank who, within less than 12 hours, had refunded the monies taken by direct debit - restoring my faith that some organisations can respond efficiently!). However, I am still concerned about my personal data. In frustration I then emailed the CEO Robert Finnegan: Three's Executive Office than intervened and allocated yet another personal reference number to me and promised that someone would be in touch. Long story short - I have now emailed 3 more times and received the same automatic response back from the nameless "Three". I have still not had a call from the Security and Protection department and no one is able to confirm for me that they have removed my personal details from their system. My husband (who was not the complainant!) did receive two identical standard letters from the Customer Protection team yesterday. The standard letter talked about Cifas but again, did not confirm that Three would be removing my personal data. What can I do to get this simple request sorted without further wasting time and effort with this apparently incompetent organisation!

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Letter in pen and ink .
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It could be that as is it's a fraud issue they can't do anything until the fraud team have finished their investigation.

Fraud depts aren't 'customer facing' that's why you can't get a number for them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback