IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Received Directions Questionnaire - what next?

1235»

Replies

• samsepi0lsamsepi0l Forumite
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    Well, I lost.
    The judge fully agreed the cameras were on public land, and that they did not demonstrate my vehicle actually in a parking spot.
    Apparently according to the judge, the massive privacy violation of a camera on a public highway is between the Council and me. Im shocked.
  • edited 17 May 2021 at 2:49PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    37.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 May 2021 at 2:49PM
    The judge is correct , however , what did you lose the parking case on ??

Britannia must have won the parking case on some legal grounds , irrespective of where the cameras are located , because they will have averred that the vehicle was parked on land under their parking regime , and not that the vehicle was on the public road !

They will have stated that the vehicle was on private property , you have said that the vehicle was on the public road , so there must be a demarcation line somewhere
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    Redx said:
    The judge is correct , however , what did you lose the parking case on ??

Britannia must have won the parking case on some legal grounds , irrespective of where the cameras are located , because they will have averred that the vehicle was parked on land under their parking regime , and not that the vehicle was on the public road !

They will have stated that the vehicle was on private property , you have said that the vehicle was on the public road , so there must be a demarcation line somewhere
    Because I'm a moron and admitted, in good faith, that I did indeed enter the car park to take a phone call - I said I didn't know when I left, and the claimant could not demonstrate, with evidence, when I did either. No wonder then that it was a close shut case, but the judge did ask several times, can the claimant demonstrate where the cameras are, as they weren't on the landowners agreement. I provided evidence to show that they were on a public high way and in no way did they show my vehicle on private land.

The judge then said that even though the cameras are on a public high way, they cover the entrance such that there is no way to enter and leave the car park without being captured by the ANPR.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to complain to the local authority about the siting of the ANPRs. Also ask whether they applied for planning permission to position them on public land.  Involve your MP and your local councillor if you live in that constituency. Make life difficult for Britannia. If you are able to force them to remove the cameras, then you might not only cause them grief and costs way beyond what they've won from you today, it might also save many other motorists being unfairly snapped there. 

Revenge can often be a dish best served cold. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    Umkomaas said:
    You need to complain to the local authority about the siting of the ANPRs. Also ask whether they applied for planning permission to position them on public land.  Involve your MP and your local councillor if you live in that constituency. Make life difficult for Britannia. If you are able to force them to remove the cameras, then you might not only cause them grief and costs way beyond what they've won from you today, it might also save many other motorists being unfairly snapped there. 

Will do without a doubt. If it stops others getting tickets then still a win. 
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    samsepi0l said:
    Umkomaas said:
    Will do without a doubt. If it stops others getting tickets then still a win. 
    When/if you get any form of response from he local authority, please let us know.  It would be good to read about Britannia getting stuffed!