DWP compliance

2»

Replies

• Hm71Hm71 Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post First Anniversary
    I didn't receive any letter from DWP regarding the call - but it was from the freefone number listed on the website. i did answer all questions honestly & agreeing to the statement read out. the officer said she was happy with my responses- so if they were progressing it would they not say that rather then they are happy?? as i said they did say they would call back over when they had a clarification of a 'top up' i get as they didnt think i should get it- but apart from that, they didnt mention any further action.
  • Paula94Paula94 Forumite
    56 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You would have to agree to statement. The top up, is this a pension? Sometimes DWP is notified as a match. To be honest it sounds authentic. If they rang on a Saturday it could be a huge back log and overtime. Compliance work different areas. A officer based in Cornwall could be working cases in Birmingham. If a UC claim you could send a journal message if Legacy contact the relevant benefit and ask to confirm the appointment. If only for your peace off mind 
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm71 said:
     as i said they did say they would call back over when they had a clarification of a 'top up' i get as they didnt think i should get it- but apart from that, they didnt mention any further action.
    On the bottom of all letters it does state "all changes must be reported" If you're living with a partner that works and you're claiming a benefit such as Contributions based ESA that has an income related top up then your partner working will affect this. Difficult to advise without knowing all your circumstances and which benefits exactly you're claiming.
    As has been advised, if you've nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about.

• Hm71Hm71 Forumite
    6 Posts
    Paula94 said:
    You would have to agree to statement. The top up, is this a pension? Sometimes DWP is notified as a match. To be honest it sounds authentic. If they rang on a Saturday it could be a huge back log and overtime. Compliance work different areas. A officer based in Cornwall could be working cases in Birmingham. If a UC claim you could send a journal message if Legacy contact the relevant benefit and ask to confirm the appointment. If only for your peace off mind 
    Its not a pension its a premium- the officer did say that there was a backlog & the initial 'tip off was over 7 months ago.- i am happy the call was legitimate- i guess my query is- if they say they are happy at the end of the call is that the end of it? 
  • Hm71Hm71 Forumite
    6 Posts
    Hm71 said:
     as i said they did say they would call back over when they had a clarification of a 'top up' i get as they didnt think i should get it- but apart from that, they didnt mention any further action.
    On the bottom of all letters it does state "all changes must be reported" If you're living with a partner that works and you're claiming a benefit such as Contributions based ESA that has an income related top up then your partner working will affect this. Difficult to advise without knowing all your circumstances and which benefits exactly you're claiming.
    As has been advised, if you've nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about.

the reason for the call was a malicious allegation that i was working/living with a partner whilst claiming sickness benefits as a single person- i know exactly where the malicious allegation has come from. given my many illnesses including mental health issues- including anxiety & depression- its extremely hard not to worry, even if you know you are in the right- a certain sense of paranoia effects my mental health so this sort of situation really troubles me. 
  • Paula94Paula94 Forumite
    56 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Realistically they seem satisfied. You have no further appointments booked. They will check your entitlement for the premium. Unlikely to notify you if No further action as will be rushing on to the next claim! You have had no change of circumstances. Try not to worry. 
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm71 said:
    Paula94 said:
    Its not a pension its a premium- the officer did say that there was a backlog & the initial 'tip off was over 7 months ago.- i am happy the call was legitimate- i guess my query is- if they say they are happy at the end of the call is that the end of it? 

I'd gathered it was a disability premium because you mention "top up" although no one can tell you whether you're entitled to that premium without more information. You'll just have to wait for them to contact you again, which they will if you're not entitled to it.