hmrc informing my local council

hi would hmrc inform my local council about me claiming back ppi tax as I claim a bit of houseing benefit thanks Terry 


  • Dazed_and_C0nfusedDazed_and_C0nfused Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    In any case what impact would you expect it to have on your Housing Benefit claim?
  • edited 26 November 2020 at 12:11PM
    tacpot12tacpot12 Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 26 November 2020 at 12:11PM
    It doesn't matter if they do. If the council receive information that will affect your entitlement to HB, they will adjust your HB (which you want them to do so that you are not overpaid), and if they receive information that does affect your entitlement to HB, they won't adjust your HB. 

    Don't forget that you are obliged to tell the council about any change in your circumstances, so if you receive any money you need to tell the council. You can't rely on HMRC to do it for you. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides