iD Mobile disconnected me after I requested a PAC

Options
Hi,
Has this happened to anyone else?  I recently joined iD Mobile/ £18 unlimited rolling month to month sim only plan.  I'd been a customer before for a while on their £5/ month plan.  Where I am the service is incredibly patchy/ no service or just keeps dropping out so at times not usable, which is more noticeable on the unlimited plan.  I contacted iD via chat & asked for my PAC explaining that I'd move at the end of my current/ pre-paid month due to patchy service.  I got the PAC but they also disconnected me within half an hour.  I got messages telling me I could buy more service!  I was completely blind sided/ middle of a work day.  I got straight back onto them (cafe wifi) but they said because I asked for my PAC (valid for 30 days), I had effectively cancelled the service.  I was within my first month cooling off period.  I told them I hadn't cancelled the service as I was still relying on it!  I hadn't used the PAC, I'd only requested it.  I wasn't informed this would happen when I chatted to the agent - have the transcript & confirmation text with the PAC.  I lost the plan I had with them & had nothing until I could get another sim/ start another contract.  (Ironically, I needed to text the new service for it to start immediately but couldn't do that.  I then had to wait until the following day to have service.)  I was livid & it meant that my work was impacted as I only have a desktop & mobile phone hotspot.  I keep complaining but they're not that bothered.  Am I stupid not to have known this would happen?  I feel like I still want to keep complaining.  Any advice?
Kindest - S.

Comments

• kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad I seen this, I’m looking at ID at the moment, see post above, and wondering what there service and cover is like. I live in the north of ireland
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
     Your experience isn't normal - as you know a PAC only ceases your service once it's used. If you feel strongly, then keep on at them!
    FWIW, I had no issues with their service, but having just moved to a poor signal area, I left ID last month and had no issues after requesting a PAC (and using it a few days later to port out).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback