Does my bill look right?

nottinghamshirelad
nottinghamshirelad Posts: 53 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 19 November 2020 at 10:30AM in Water bills
Hi, I've just got my latest bill, tried querying it with Severn Trent but it seems the advisors there aren't that great (perhaps I'm just unlucky with the ones I tend to get 😂)

Anyway this is a 6 monthly bill 
The waste water part is the bit I'm concerned about because after looking in their charges booklet I think I should be charged a lot less per metre cubed and I think the United utilities charge is more than I should be.

Can anyone help 

Comments

• bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 November 2020 at 10:44AM
    You need to post how many units of water you have used, we can only see one reading.

Also please tell us which charging zone you fall in on Page 3 - https://www.stwater.co.uk/content/dam/stw/my-account/our-charges/2020/summary-of-charges-2020-21.pdf
  • freesha
    freesha Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    UU charges are higher than STW, on the whole, so it's no surprise that that element is higher than the STW one
  • Thanks for your replies, I think I'm in zone 7
    I am on a meter
    (staffs moorlands)

This is the bill.

• Fresh water charges are certainly correct.
    Page 5 of that PDF though suggests the waste water charge should either be 97.94p or 72.63p per litre though, so no idea why you are being charged 125.2p per litre. May be reading it wrong though.

No idea how they have arrived at the UU drainage charge.
  • Fresh water charges are certainly correct.
    Page 5 of that PDF though suggests the waste water charge should either be 97.94p or 72.63p per litre though, so no idea why you are being charged 125.2p per litre. May be reading it wrong though.

Exactly what I thought, I can't understand the waste bit.
  • tim_p
    tim_p Posts: 689 Forumite
    Fresh water charges are certainly correct.

Something wrong with those numbers as it can’t possibly be 97p or 72p, let along 125p PER LITRE!  That’s in the territory of petrol, not waste water.  M3 (1000 litres) perhaps, even that seems high. 
  • tim_p said:
    Fresh water charges are certainly correct.

Something wrong with those numbers as it can’t possibly be 97p or 72p, let along 125p PER LITRE!  That’s in the territory of petrol, not waste water.  M3 (1000 litres) perhaps, even that seems high. 
    Only going off the figures on the PDF, mate,.
  • Had a reply from Severn trent, after querying the waste water, surely if I'm paying Severn Trent it's down to them to explain the charges to me?
  • That reply doesnt explain the waste water rate either, maybe you need to give them a ring.
  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    edited 21 November 2020 at 5:06PM
    Although I am not in same area as you, I am charged by UU for waste water. They charge me £1.269 per m3, the standing charge is £6.84 per year, and the drainage charge described as the charge for removing rainwater is £105.16 per year. Your bill is for 182 days so, I would say that the charges shown are in the right ball park. Back in the day when I lived in the Anglia Water region they didn't show the drainage charge as a separate item, but included it in the standing charge. Anglian also only charged waste water as 90% of supplied water, unlike UU.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback