We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Toilet plumbing issue

Options
2»

Comments

• matty_hunt
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. I used a Lenox diamond reciprocating blade, especially for cast iron. Pipe was about 6mm thick but produced little dust really. Note to others - I had the saw handle sat on the floor to help apply pressure to the blade end. Reciprocating saw vibrated so much the handle wore a hole in the lino. Still, job done.
  • Jeepers_Creepers
    Jeepers_Creepers Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2020 at 12:09AM
    Options
    Cheers, Matty - it's always good to have a final report. :-)

(Are you going to post a pic?!)
  • Jumblebumble
    Options
    And if it all goes to s***, then you can always fall back on flexible pan connectors such as the type already there :-)

They work absolutely fine, but they just look a bit 'bodge', that's all. I wouldn't blame you for resorting to one of these in your situation, tho', as the finished gap and relative angles you have to deal with might be tricky to work through in advance in order to find an off-the-shelf 'solid' connector. If you'd rather use one of these, then go for it.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-wc-f26r-flexible-wc-pan-connector-white-97-107mm/71219

As before, make sure the cast pipe is cut far enough back to the wall to allow a constant 'fall' from the pan. 
    I have found MCAlpine to be really good
    My understanding is that there are no UK standards but these meet German Standards and  that is fine by me.
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And if it all goes to s***, then you can always fall back on flexible pan connectors such as the type already there :-)

They work absolutely fine, but they just look a bit 'bodge', that's all. I wouldn't blame you for resorting to one of these in your situation, tho', as the finished gap and relative angles you have to deal with might be tricky to work through in advance in order to find an off-the-shelf 'solid' connector. If you'd rather use one of these, then go for it.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-wc-f26r-flexible-wc-pan-connector-white-97-107mm/71219

As before, make sure the cast pipe is cut far enough back to the wall to allow a constant 'fall' from the pan. 
    I have found MCAlpine to be really good
    My understanding is that there are no UK standards but these meet German Standards and  that is fine by me.
    They would be made to Scottish standards which would just have to be different to English ones.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure