Posting Weblinks No Longer Allowed...?

Hi there,
Having just switched Energy Supplier and having made use of the Referrer' Boards before I just went to post a Refferal Link only to receive the following message:

I have just reviewed the latest rules and guidelines and it doesn't state anything about this!  
I was posting to a thread referencing EDF Amazon Gift Card Offer, so wasn't creating a duplicate thread and hadn't posted to that thread before either.  Given that I had no problem doing a similar post back in September after switching to Bulb (only for the price to go up!) I am all the more baffled.  
Can anyone tell me what's changed?
Yours,
Julian.  :)

Comments

• If it helps this was the thread title I tried to post to...  EDF Energy £50 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card 
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    ............... Given that I had no problem doing a similar post back in September after switching to Bulb (only for the price to go up!) I am all the more baffled.  
    Well, we have the sooper dooper new forum - sooo much better in every way ...... so they try to tell us!
  • Hi there,
    Having just switched Energy Supplier and having made use of the Referrer' Boards before I just went to post a Refferal Link only to receive the following message:

I have just reviewed the latest rules and guidelines and it doesn't state anything about this!  
    I was posting to a thread referencing EDF Amazon Gift Card Offer, so wasn't creating a duplicate thread and hadn't posted to that thread before either.  Given that I had no problem doing a similar post back in September after switching to Bulb (only for the price to go up!) I am all the more baffled.  
    Yours,
    Have you tried clicking on the link you posted in September? It looks like a referral link but doesn't actually go anywhere.
    The person who posted after you, who only has 2 posts, also has a link that goes nowhere but someone with 12 posts who posted a few days earlier has a normal working link.
    It is normal practice not to allow people to post clickable links until they have been members for a while and made a number of posts. They just don't let anyone know how long or how many posts.
    Bob
  • ^^^ is correct.
    You low post count means you have never been able to post links ... I think you need to have 10+ posts and been a member for at least 3 days (the latter not being a problem for you) before this permission is enabled.
  • Okay, 
    Thank you J_B, BootsMullery and Were_Doomed for your help.  Consider my Question as indeed 'Answered'!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure