Forum Home» UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments

Hoseseasons have taken my deposit because

New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Hoseseasons have taken my deposit because

5 replies 413 views
I am very upset and angry with Hoseseasons. Due to this forced lock down I cannot afford to pay remaining balance on my holiday,this is due December 2020. My holiday id booked March 2021. I’m self employed so no income for the foreseeable future. I’ve told Hoseseasons my predicament but they have taken all of my £125 deposit instead. Stating because I want to cancel they have right to take it all. When I booked my break Hoseseasons stated if coronavirus stops your holiday you can re-arrange or have deposit back. I feel very let down, how can I find the remaining balance when I have no income? What can I do??? I am gutted, £125 would cover a few bills over the next month.

Replies

• sherambersheramber Forumite
    10.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is too early to say that a holiday in March 2021 will not be possible due to covid. At present their website states holidays up to 2 December can have a voucher or a refund.
  • AlfrescodaveAlfrescodave Forumite
    826 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Shazzd66 said:
    . When I booked my break Hoseseasons stated if coronavirus stops your holiday you can re-arrange or have deposit back. 
    Do you have this in writing or was it just a comment over the phone. Written confirmation would strengthen your request for a money refund.
  • TigsteroonieTigsteroonie Forumite
    24.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment Coronavirus has not stopped the holiday. It has made if very difficult for you to pay the balance, but that is personal to your circumstances and not Hoseasons' fault (they don't ask employment status when you book). 
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Yahoo_MailYahoo_Mail Forumite
    624 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Shazzd66 said:
    When I booked my break Hoseseasons stated if coronavirus stops your holiday you can re-arrange or have deposit back. 
    This is still true, but not in the way you've interpreted it.  "Coronavirus stopping your holiday" will be because of restrictions introduced by the Government, such as lockdowns or closure of certain premises (in this case holiday vacation park) and not because of a fairly tenuous link to Coronavirus as is the case for you.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/06/hoseasons-reverses-coronavirus-refund-policy/

This is a news story back from Jun 2020 where they got their wrists slapped over refusing refunds, but it was fairly clear from the CMA's response that they were expecting them to refund in cases where various restrictions stopped customers travelling or the venue being open, not because the customer could make some link to Coronavirus, however tenuous.

I can understand the frustration here but unfortunately, they do appear to be acting entirely within guidance over cancellations due to Coronavirus.
  • ALIBOBSYALIBOBSY Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It may have been better to ask for them to push the holiday date back in the year most companies seem to be more inclined to do this than any kind of refund. As others have said unfortunately the refund is only if in March for some reason the holiday could not go ahead. Sorry for your loss, make sure you claim the third self employed grant if you can.
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

Make up to £10 a day-November £610.22/£750

Make up to £10 a day-December £73.84/£620