Did anyone get the blagged Virgin broadband deal?

I followed the link in the recent mail last week to try and shift from Vodafone (who are good enough, but the cabling round here means that anyone supplying me over it can't get me higher than 30Mbps). I filled in the boxes, was told that I could be supplied with the super-mega-giga-whoppa-fast service, and was then told to leave my details and someone would call me. Within ten days. 
This goes past the deal deadline of "applying via the link by 23:59 on Friday 30th", doesn't it? Is this their sneaky way of avoiding giving me the deal? I guess I'll find out when they call, though I'm actually expecting them to tell me they can't actually offer me the service anyway...

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have VM cabling on your street ??
  • MoshMosh Forumite
    135 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    JJ_Egan said:
    Do you have VM cabling on your street ??
    Here's the interesting thing... I don't know. I didn't last year when I tried for a similar deal, and was told as such by the person I spoke to. I also live in a flat (3-floor buildings) which also make it more of a pain for them. However, I _have_ in recent months seen Virgin Media vans appear and staff members inter flats up and down the street so I don't know if something's been / is being put in.
    When I went to the website via the link it asked for my address and postcode, which I entered, and told me the service was available though. Just that someone would call me.
    Honestly? I expect either a) no phone call ever, or b) a call to tell me they can't provide the service as I'm not cabled. Why they can't just say this on the site is beyond me.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mosh said:

This goes past the deal deadline of "applying via the link by 23:59 on Friday 30th", doesn't it? Is this their sneaky way of avoiding giving me the deal? 
    No.