Goods must 'last a reasonable length of time' - Consumer Rights Act 2015

Options

Comments

• zoob
    zoob Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks but I am not seeking advice at the moment. I only wanted to check if anyone knew who Martin Lewis and/or his editors were quoting. :smile:
    Sound like Consumer Demands rather than consumer rights your looking
    I assume you've followed CRA2025 procedure up to this point, because this forum is about consumer rights and advice on how to proceed using then on a claim with a retailer etc
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    zoob said:

Thanks but I am not seeking advice at the moment. I only wanted to check if anyone knew who Martin Lewis and/or his editors were quoting. :smile:
    Sound like Consumer Demands rather than consumer rights your looking
    I assume you've followed CRA2025 procedure up to this point, because this forum is about consumer rights and advice on how to proceed using then on a claim with a retailer etc
    It is halloween after all so let's do The Time Warp again :)
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The wording of the legislation and practice in reality are two totally different things. At this point you are failing to realise the retailer has rights too.

You go in quoting the wording and you will be laughed out the shop. The fact is you are looking for advice you can't get because you won't say what the problem is.
  • drspa44
    drspa44 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The article my post refers to is entitled Consumer Rights: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/

I am happy you are all so keen to give advice, but as I've said I am not asking for any. Maybe I do not frequent this forum enough to know that simple standalone questions without a backstory do not go down well. For discoverability, I wanted to keep the question as simple and abstract as possible, so that other people could easily find it with Google and apply the knowledge to their own case, regardless of what their faulty item is.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    If you know so clearly what questions need to be answered (and strictly nothing more) I'm surprised you haven't found the answer already, as that method must clearly work - otherwise you wouldn't deploy it...

Is "discoverability" a word?
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Is "discoverability" a word?

Yes, it is.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    drspa44 said:

I am happy you are all so keen to give advice, but as I've said I am not asking for any. 
    So why are you here then if not looking for advice?

The wording of the legislation means nothing in reality. Reality is the answer you need, which is prove it, you need to prove it backed up by an independent expert, then you can use your consumer rights, but then as you don't need any advice you already know that.
  • drspa44
    drspa44 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    I have now, but it doesn't mention anything about product lifespan specifically. I'm aware of the general points around the reasonable man standard.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 November 2020 at 8:37PM
    Options
    Then I am struggling to understand what else you are hoping/expecting to find.

Perhaps you need to test your interpretation of the legislation against that of a County Court Judge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback