IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Port of Wells - Civil Enforcement Limited

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yep, but CEL are so useless you can beat them always. 
  • Cecfo
    Cecfo Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another 2 months on and I've still heard nothing back from them. Come on CEL, I'm waiting to see what you've got for me :lol:
  • Cecfo
    Options
    Cecfo said:
    Another 2 months on and I've still heard nothing back from them. Come on CEL, I'm waiting to see what you've got for me :lol:
    ...and I still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if there's an expiry time for CEL to take me court? I had the LBC _months_ ago but have had nothing back since.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you sure they haven't sent you a claim form to an old address?  Do they have your correct address?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Cecfo said:
    Cecfo said:
    ...and I still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if there's an expiry time for CEL to take me court? I had the LBC _months_ ago but have had nothing back since.
    6 years from the parking event date
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We literally repeat that fact every week, every month, every year...yet it's Googleable in a split second.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Cecfo
    Options
    Well, CEL have finally woken up from their slumber and I now have a claim form. I've submitted the AOS online and now reading up on how to write a good defence.

If anyone happens to know of a specific thread with good wording already for the confusion around "relevant land" vs. there not being any parking bye-laws in place (something that I read in another thread was interpreted by one judge as meaning it _was_ relevant land), I'd be grateful :)
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have any of these actually been in front of a judge? 
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • FrankCannon
    Options
    AFAIK, we have seen one default judgment at this site, but CEL tend to fold if the claim is defended.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cecfo said:
    Well, CEL have finally woken up from their slumber and I now have a claim form. I've submitted the AOS online and now reading up on how to write a good defence.

What is the Issue Date on your County Court Claim Form?

Upon what date did you file an Acknowledgment of Service?
    Your MCOL Claim History will have the definitive answer to that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback