Civil service job!!

Options
Hi, 
Desperately need advice on the civil service process,  applied for a job had interview, then had email asking if l had a holidays booked for either October or December,  what hours did l want to work ,any health issues and did l have any holidays booked in the next few months that would impact on the job . So l answerd all the questions with no holidays booked,  full time hours no heath issues . Then 10 days later had email saying Congratulations you have passed the interview and to check your civil service log on for further information, which I done to find a message saying again Congratulations you have the required score for the job but unfortunately we have no jobs at the moment and you are on a reserve list . !!!! . Gutted is an understatement 😫 as alot of question asked for that.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks 😊 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    There’s no advice. Your on a reserve list. There’s no guarantee of a job and you would be advised to keep looking. 
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    *You're. When you're giving a negative response, please get it right.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MalMonroe said:
    How was it in any way negative? 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MalMonroe said:
    So I don’t always get the words right. Any need to be so critical? 
  • MalMonroe
    Options
    Comms69 said:
    MalMonroe said:
    Here's how : "There’s no guarantee of a job"

There actually IS guarantee of a job. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • MalMonroe
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    MalMonroe said:
    So I don’t always get the words right. Any need to be so critical? 
    Not critical at all. More pedantic than anything else. I just hate that 'your' and 'you're' thing.
  • MalMonroe
    Options
     Congratulations, OP because you HAVE been offered a job and you will get one as soon as one becomes available. 

It happened to me a few years ago, I went for an interview and had to do psychometric testing followed by a further interview. I was told congratulations, we want you (more or less!) but - unfortunately there are no openings at the present time.

So I was bitterly disappointed and applied for and got another job - not one I was happy with though and two months later I received a letter from the CS offering me a job at the Home Office if I wanted it. I did. And because I'd done the interviews and testing already, I was able to just walk straight into that job.

Same will happen to you, the very worst part is over, it's not bad news, it's good news. You'll just have to wait a while. And it may not be too long either. Try not to be too disheartened and/or gutted.

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MalMonroe said:
    Comms69 said:
    MalMonroe said:
    Here's how : "There’s no guarantee of a job"

There actually IS guarantee of a job. 
    There’s not a guarantee of a job. There’s a decently high chance of a job. 

Not sure it was negative anyway. 
  • ACunningham21
    Options
    Hey OP, congrats on the successful interview! Just out of curiosity what role did you apply for with the Civil Service? I had an interview two weeks ago and I am still waiting to hear, how long did you wait for a response?
  • MrJamez
    MrJamez Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP,

I was put on the CS reserve list back in Feb and was offered a role in September.

Fingers crossed you get offered something eventually!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback