Claim form received, please I need guidance!

Hi, I received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton regarding an unpaid parking charge notice from UKPPO. The issue date is 27/10/2020. I read the newbies thread and I understand that I have now to submit the AoS to extend my time to submit a defence. I will definitely need help to draft the defence but I've seen the template so obviously going to use it and I hope I could have some help to edit the relevant sections.
The event in question happened 3 years ago at the Wembley Stadium Retail Park where I unknowingly overstayed the allowed 90' free parking time. I missed the first two letters and consequently the appeal period (long story, moved out after divorce, didn't redirect mail) and then started to receive debt collector letters (DRP, Zenith, Gladstones and now bwlegal). I found info online advising to ignore these  and now I got the dreaded claim. 
Not sure what further info could be useful at this point. I'm really grateful for any help I could have. Thanks!

Replies

• edited 29 October 2020 at 11:18PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 October 2020 at 11:18PM
    Hello and welcome.

With a Claim Issue Date of 27th October, you have until Monday 16th November to file an Acknowledgment of Service. If possible, do not file an AoS before 31st October, but otherwise, there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 30th November 2020 to file your Defence.
    That's over four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Wembley Stadium Retail Park has featured here more than once before. Maybe use the forum's search facility to see how others have fared.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the first two letters and consequently the appeal period (long story, moved out after divorce, didn't redirect mail) and then started to receive debt collector letters (DRP, Zenith, Gladstones and now bwlegal).
    Have you formally issued a 'data rectification notice' to UKPPO's Data Protection Officer instructing them to erase your former address and only to use your current address for any future communication.  Instruct them to require any of their agents involved to do likewise. 

You can't risk them issuing any of the forthcoming court-related correspondence to your former address. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Umkomaas said:
    I missed the first two letters and consequently the appeal period (long story, moved out after divorce, didn't redirect mail) and then started to receive debt collector letters (DRP, Zenith, Gladstones and now bwlegal).
    Have you formally issued a 'data rectification notice' to UKPPO's Data Protection Officer instructing them to erase your former address and only to use your current address for any future communication.  Instruct them to require any of their agents involved to do likewise. 

You can't risk them issuing any of the forthcoming court-related correspondence to your former address. 
    Thanks. I don't think it will be an issue. This was +3 years ago, all the letters since then have arrived to the correct address. 
  • Ok, I understand. Better to not leave any loose threads. I will do that. Thanks for the advice.
  • Umkomaas said:

Hi Unkoomas, does this "data rectification notice" needs a particular format? Does it need to be by post or can it be an email, as suggested ? Thanks
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    email to their DPO, with your current name and address , 2 recent redacted copies of utility bills (or a copy of the updated V5C) and a short note for them to update their records from (old address) to (new address) and to erase the old address from their records

short and sweet , to the point , no frills , with attached proof
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    "and to erase the old address from their records"

this bit is important and should be used as is ...

Ralph B)
  • Redx said:
    email to their DPO, with your current name and address , 2 recent redacted copies of utility bills (or a copy of the updated V5C) and a short note for them to update their records from (old address) to (new address) and to erase the old address from their records

short and sweet , to the point , no frills , with attached proof
    Dear all, I did as above, received a reply from their DPO confirming that my address had been updated and solicitors notified. Also AOS submitted online on 04/11. Now drafting my defence which I understand needs to be submitted before 28/11. However, I've seen on other threads that you usually recommend to "email a SAR to the DPO at the PPC and attach a copy of the claim form as proof of I D under the GDPR law to obtain all your data , including all pictures and documents". Do I also need to do that? TIA