Three network blocking Google

sdduk
sdduk Posts: 1,413
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
Forumite
edited 29 October 2020 at 12:54PM in Mobiles
Hi guys
Got a 3 broadband hub, its been running fine but the last 2 days we cannot get onto google stuff like we was trying to do an order on iceland's website,
after we sat and typed everything into the website and went to pay it keeps saying your not connected and this happens to Google drive we cannot connect to it.
Most other website are fine it's just anything that goes through Google.
Strange thing is if we use our mobiles which are Three they work fine but if you connect to the hub the same thing happens and can't connect to Google stuff.
The only thing we have come up with its Three blocking Google stuff or the Hub is knackered like i say it's been happening for about 2 days now.
Any help would be much appreciated. 
Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
:)

Comments

• Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Reset the hub, log on to the hub and look at any blocking.3 will not just 'block Google'.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,868
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 4 November 2020 at 2:19PM
    This is far more likely to be a DNS issue.  If Google.co.uk doesn't work, check out Google.com, or Google.fr or Google.ru or any other Google international variation.  I believe that if you have one Google account you can get to it (and any extra services like Gmail, Drive, Maps etc) from any Google search start page, so you set up Gmail through google.co.uk you should be able to get to the same services at google.com, fr, ru, es, etc.  Yes it'll be in French/Russian/Spanish, but it should still work.

Also you mention that the site works on your phone.  If these work going through the same hub then the issue is nothing to do with the hub and its with whatever device you're using in the first place.
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,413
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks guys for you answers my son sorted it out in the end and its working a lot better than before even fast loading pages.
    He did change the DNS settings not sure what to but whatever it was the hub is working fine now.
    Just strange how one minute it was working fine and then it just wouldn't work on thing going though Google.
    Thanks again guys for getting back to me.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure