Does Vodafone Broadband Speed Discount apply to Upload Speed?

JTPix10JTPix10 Forumite
1 Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Vodafone guaranteed me 23-38MPS download and 6-7mps upload speed if I took out a Superfast1 broadband contract (June-2020, current speed was 18MPS download/5-6MPS upload) and said I would get a 15% discount if they did not achieve this within a 10 days.  The speed did not increase so they honoured their promise and gave me 15% discount.
The down/up speeds started to decrease to 12down/2-3up and became so erratic that I could not run a zoom meeting.  I complained and, to their credit the BT Openreach engineer came the next day - he changed the master socket and the download speed increased to 27MPS but the upload speed decreased to ~4MPS.   I need the upload speed as I use web storage.

Vodafone then withdrew the 15% discount due to the download speed increase but when I pointed out their promise of 6-7MPS upload speed they stated that they have no such guarantee and refused to reinstate the discount.

So I wondered if anyone else had has been given a minimum upload speed guarantee by Vodafone

Replies

• ChinoChino Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    JTPix10 said:
    but when I pointed out their promise of 6-7MPS upload speed they stated that they have no such guarantee and refused to reinstate the discount.
    Which seems to be the case according to this:
    [ii] Superfast 1 (up to 38Mbps) guarantees a minimum speed of 25Mbps for £21/month and Superfast 2 (up to 76Mbps) guarantees a minimum speed of 55Mbps for £26/month.